Chapter Six - Let It Burn

OH. MY. GOD.

1. THIS BOOK HAS 275 READS AND HAS GOTTEN THAT MANY IN ONLY 3 WEEKS. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE. I AM FANGIRLING. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL.

2. This Chapter is so long! xD I couldn't believe how long it was when I was finished writing it! I guess that's a treat for you, huh? ;P

3. This is the most dramatic chapter so far, so I'm gonna warn you. It has more action in it than Chapters 1 & 2. Oh, and by the way, for all you Harmoners, you're gonna die in Chapter Seven. ;P SPOILER ALERT.

4. I was listening to this song while I was writing the whole chapter, so yeah. :) It pretty much has nothing to do with the story, but here ya go. (Vid on the side) If it doesn't work, then just search it on Youtube: Death Valley - Fall Out Boy

5. I FOUND A MURPHEH <3 (Pic on the side)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Six

Eve shot up in bed when she felt a pillow hit the back of her head, and quite hard too.

"Jesus christ! You are one deep sleeper!" Hannah said, obviously annoyed.

Eve looked over at the alarm clock in the guest room of Hannah's apartment, and turned to her, narrowing her eyes. "Why exactly are you getting me up at 5:00am? Are you begging me to hate you?"

"The tech building was broken into. Anything and everything was destroyed by some maniac with an axe. We now have no power, no plumbing, noughta."

"Who would do that?"

Hannah narrowed her eyes at Eve. "Why don't you ask your little astro?"

"You think Murphy did this?" Eve was confused to say the least. Why would he do that? What purpose would it serve?

Hannah sighed, nodding.

"Why?"

Hannah bit her lip. "I don't know. I just have a feeling."

Eve knew that Hannah was hiding something, either that or she was just lying. Maybe both. She sighed softly, getting out of bed once Hannah left. She pulled off her pajamas, which were basically a tank top and sweat pants, and replaced them with a t-shirt, jacket, and jeans. After pulling on her combat boots, she walked out of the guest room, while pulling her hair into a ponytail.

Hannah pulled out two bowls, cereal, and milk. "Sorry, we can't have a bigger breakfast. We gotta be out of here in five minutes."

"Why?" Eve asked, grabbing the cereal box and pouring it into the bowl.

"They want us to calm down the tech guys."

"Tech guys? Really? You couldn't come up with better wording?"

"Fine. The three scientists in the colony that specialize in technological happenings. Is that better?" Hannah said with a straight face, before giving in and bursting out laughing five seconds later.

They made small talk for the next few minutes, finishing off their cereal. Hannah dropped her bowl and spoon into the sink. "Come on, we'd better go."

They both quickly exited Hannah's house, walking down the street and passing Murphy's new home. Eve stared at it as she walked by, her mind reeling with questions. Where was he last night? Was Hannah right? Did he really do this? If so, why?"