Chapter Twenty-Five - Finding & Reflecting

YAYYYYYYY SUMMER ISH HEREEEEEE. At least, for anyone in Canada, it is. :3 YAY SUMMER. NO SCHOOL. <3 I CAN STAY LOCKED UP ALL DAY STARING AT MY LAPTOP. 

.........

Wow I really need to get a life. ._.

K. Well. Anyway.

Goal: 30 reads 2 votes. :3 

AND, guys I love it when you comment! <3 PLEASE DO MORE OF IT. I love to know your thoughts on the story, it makes me feel really happy. :3

The song is Hero by Skillet, just because it's one of my favourite songs and it kinda represents Murphy.

ENJOY. :D

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Five

Murphy gritted his teeth, walking slightly faster in front of Carson. "This better be important." 

Carson had told Murphy that there was a problem that needed resolving, and they needed his help.

"It is, it is." Carson said nervously, picking up speed to catch up with Murphy.

"Why did you need my help, anyway?" He paused. "Why couldn't you have asked more of the guards?"

"You're the second in command. When Jack isn't here, you're in charge."

Murphy nodded slowly. He hadn't thought of that.

Murphy moved around the corner, and felt a slight feeling of annoyance come into him. "Why isn't it at the camp by the river? They'll need it to help the 100." He said, narrowing his eyes at the five guards that were standing outside one of the large trucks. 

"We found something." One of the guards said, his hard and cold emotions not faltering.

"'Something'? What do you mean 'something'?"

"Actually," Everyone glanced back at a worried looking Carson. "I think they mean 'someone'."

Carson led Murphy to the end of the truck, and Murphy caught a glimpse of a large lump in the middle of it. There were four guards surrounding it, their guns pointed down at it. The lump moved suddenly and catching the guards by surprise, causing them to quickly point their guns at it in a menacing way.

"Stop!" Murphy yelled, jogging up to the truck. "Let me at least see what it is before you shoot it." He growled out. He truly was in a bad mood, he was kind of upset that he had to deal with this instead of being there for Eve when she woke up. His arm nearly felt numb too, so that didn't help at all.

Murphy jumped onto the bed of the truck, looking down at the lump. It wasn't a lump at all, it was a person. A grounder, to be exact. He had dark skin and black paint put into patterns on his face and hands, which were the only things that Murphy could see. The rest of his body was covered in animal pelts and hard types of clothing that gave a sense of a type of armour. He had a shadow of stubble on his face, and his eyes were cold and dark. He obviously didn't trust them at all. 

Carson looked up at him. "They didn't kill him because they didn't think he showed a threat. I think he might be ill." He said, looking down at the grounder worriedly again. He was definitely a worried person at that moment.

Suddenly, an idea came into Murphy's mind. He knew a way to find out who he was. "What is your name?"

The grounder stared up at him, his teeth clenched and his eyes dark and hard.