Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I've downloaded the majority of Continuum, at least, all of season 1 and the first 4 episoes of season 2. :D That's another show that Richard Harmon is on.

I AM SO EXCITED. :D I HAVE BEEN MAKING VIDEOS NON-STOP LATELY WHEN I'M NOT WRITING. My mom calls me lazy. ._. HMPH.

I was listening to this song for a while today. :3 Miss Jackson by Panic! At The Disco. ^.^

This chapter is dedicated to richardhalex for being awesome and loving Murphy as much as I do. :P

SO BAI.

Goal: 25 reads 1 vote. (Lol I'm not done Chapter 24 yet so this is what you're gonna get.)

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Four

Eve ran as fast as she could, and she heard the many footsteps behind her. She suspected that it was the others, Bellamy and the blond haired girl were definitely there. She was far ahead from the others now, running even faster than Murphy, who was almost twenty feet from her now.

She kept running, knowing that her brother was close now. She heard loud gunshots coming from a closer distance. They were now getting more frequent as well.

Jack was yelling now, calling the names of some members of his team. 

Eve stopped at one point, looking behind her. She couldn’t hear the others anymore, and he fog was so thick now that she couldn’t see them either. 

She also didn’t see the long arrow that came from the fog, directed straight at her. 

*

The loud scream that Murphy heard sent chills down his spine, especially when he realized who it was. It was Eve. His Eve.

With that thought, he ran faster. “Eve!” He yelled, and heard a second scream. He soon heard skin hitting skin, and noticed how close it was. It was less than ten feet in front of him.

He slowly turned his head and saw him. A grounder, bent over a writhing body on the wet ground. He heard the sound of skin hitting skin again, and then saw the grounder raise his arm, an axe in his hand.

Murphy lunged forwards, slamming his right shoulder into the grounder’s lower torso. The grounder grunted before falling into a tree, putting his arm out to support himself. It was like Murphy hadn’t even hit him.

The grounder made a growling sound, then stood up to his full height and causing Murphy’s eyes to widen. He had to be at least 6’5. 

The grounder’s eyes flickered to the ground, where his axe had fallen out of his hand. He looked at Murphy once, before the two both dived for it. At that point, he was no longer focused on just killing the grounder, he was focused on saving Eve. Of course, he would have to kill the grounder to do so, but that wasn’t the point. 

Murphy’s hand wrapped around the handle of the axe, but he was forced to let go when the grounder sent his armoured fist directly at Murphy’s face. He hit the ground from the impact, and spit out blood after he felt his lip split open. He groaned slightly, before staggering so that he stood up. Before he could stand straight, however, he felt the grounder shove him against a tree, a knife pressed to his throat. 

The grounder pressed the knife into Murphy’s throat, cutting skin ever so slightly. For a moment, Murphy was distracted as he stared down at Eve. It had been her that the grounder was standing over, her that the grounder was ready to kill. His eyes moved to the grounder’s, and at that moment, he made a decision. He wasn’t dying today. And neither was Eve.