Chapter Thirty-One - MECCA

HAI! I'm back in Canada. :D Sorry that I didn't update sooner, the motel we stayed at had wifi, but you needed to call the front desk to get it. Unfortunately for me, the phone didn't work. ._. GRRRRRRRRR.

K. Well. Anyway.

The song for this chapter is Hold Up by Demi Lovato. I listened to this song today, and it kind of reminded me of Murphy and Eve. Then again every romantic song reminds me of Murphy and Eve... e.e I HAVE AN OBSESSION OKAY DONT QUESTION IT.

I feel like this chapter was definitely a filler, mainly because the next one is just kinda gonna... I dunno... Change everything? xD

Goal: 45 reads and 4 votes. :)

BAIIIII. And enjoy. ^.^

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-One

Eve smiled softly, her fingers playing absentmindedly with the hem of the sheets. He had his arm wrapped around her waist, holding her tightly to his body. He had already woken up when she did, and he had smiled down at her. He had been watching her sleep.

"Hi."

"Hi." He grinned.

"That was..."

"Good?"

"No." He smiled when she looked horrified. "It was amazing." He grinned, and turned around so that she was under him. He kissed her softly, and both of them smiled into the kiss.

"I love you." She said, still smiling.

"I love you more." He grinned.

"Hey, that's my line." She giggled.

He laughed. "I love you more."

"Stop it."

"Why would I do that?" He laughed. "It's fun to annoy you."

"Of course it is." She laughed. "I hate you."

"No you don't."

"I hate you."

He shook his head. "No, you don't." Judging by the look on his face, he was completely serious now.

She smiled softly before pecking him softly on the lips. "Fine. I love you."

They both froze when they heard a loud and repeated knock on the door. The person waited a second, then knocked even harder again. Murphy and Eve both got up, getting dressed in under thirty seconds before running to the door.

It was Jack, and also the mechanic. What was her name? Raven, right, that was it.

"What is it?" Murphy asked, seeing the extremely stressed and worried looks on both of their faces.

Raven glanced up at Jack, as if unsure that she should tell them, then spoke anyway. "We can't contact the ark, but I was able to hack into the mainframe and heard something..."

"What?" Eve said from behind Murphy.

"They're not going to send themselves from the ark... They're sending the ark to us."

*

Raven, Marcus, Marcel, and Jackie were all standing at the front of the main meeting room, the council members and Jack's team (exluding Jay) as their audience. Marcus had been standing there, writing so fast that Murphy was kind of surprised that the board wasn't on fire yet.

"How is this even possible?" One of the more open councilmembers said.

"The thrusters are the things causing the station to be moving, and causing the station to stay out of the earth's atmostphere. But if they turn them off, then restart them and move the ark the other way, then it will not only hit the earth's atmosphere, but also enter it."

"I'm guessing by the looks on your faces, there will be an extreme problem with this idea?" Adam asked.

"Yes. Because the stations are so different and are so old, there is a very, very big possibility that if they do this, only one station will survive."

"But... Which one?" One of the other council members spoke up.

"They have no way of knowing. But my guess is that MECCA will survive."

"Why do you say that?" Another one asked.

"MECCA was the newest station, and is also the strongest. It hasn't needed as many repairs as the others. Only a mechanic like me would know that."

"So... What will happen to those that aren't on MECCA?" Adam asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

Raven sighed. "They'll die."

Everyone was silent, before the council erupted in hushed whispers.

"Then we'll keep trying to contact them." Jack said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Raven shook her head. "Jack, we've already tried."

"Well we're going to keep trying!" He shouted back. "People have forgotten that our lives aren't like it was in the 2000's! We have to save every person that we can! We are literally starting over!" He paused. "So at this point, we either at least try and save those people, or we will have let god knows how much of a percentage of whatever is left of the human race die!"

The other council members stayed silent, staring at him with slightly nervous looks on their faces. Murphy was glad that Jack had done so well so far, he had definitely gotten more than a little respect from the council. He was stronger, and more passionate about looking after his people. And, more importantly, the entire human race.

"Raven, do you think you can hack into the speaker system?"

"Yeah, piece of cake."

"Is there any possible way that you can connect our radio frequency and blend it with theirs?"

"Maybe."

"Good. If you can do that, then Marcus and Marcel can connect it to the mic, and we'll be able to contact them. Whatever is left of them." He looked towards Marcus and Marcel. "Right?"

"Right." Marcus said.

Jack nodded, then smiled lightly. "Just remember. We either have strength to persevere, or we literally have nothing left."

With that, he left the room.

Murphy moved over to Eve, who had been speaking to Hannah. Eve smiled when she saw him, and Hannah smirked.

"So, you two had some fun last night, how didn't you?" Hannah said.

Eve began to blush furiously, then reached up and slapped the back of Hannah's head and making her yelp. "Ow! Seriously?! You wanna resort to violence?!"

"Yes. I do."

Hannah pouted, rubbing her head and leaving the room.

Eve smiled at Murphy, who wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her forehead softly. "So how are you?"

"Um... I'm alright, I guess... I'm just thinking a lot."

"About?"

"Where we're going to put the rest of the people from the Ark. We can't keep them all here."

"Well maybe we should figure that out when we actually have them on the ground. Right?"

Eve sighed, then nodded. "Right." However, she still seemed uneasy.

"Eve, you worry too much."

"I can't help it." She frowned.

He raised an eyebrow, smiling at her. "I can help take your mind off it."

"How?"

"By making you dinner tonight, then watching a movie with you?"

She grinned. "Sounds good."

_____________________________________________________________________________

BOOOOOOOM! Lol there's a thunderstorm outside my house right now. BAI BAI.