Chapter 20

Chaerin's POV

I walked out of the building with my sister. A smile plastered on my face. I felt like everything turns out to be fine now. I feel like I am floating or something like that. Let us just stay that it is a really good feeling.

"You look so happy little sis. What happened that made you smile like that?" I heard Chaesoo asked as we got inside the car.

I shut the door first before answering, "It's Mijin."

Turning on the engine, she looked at me, frowning. "What? How can that girl make you smile? You've got to be kidding me," she said while chuckling. My smile banished as she started driving.

"...I am serious."

She took a short glance at me and then sighed. "What could she have possibly done to smile?"

I suddenly remembered what happened earlier making me smile again. I answered, "She apologized to me and asked if we could start over again. Of course I accepted it. I can... Sense her sincerity."

But she just laughed. "That girl? Sincere?"

"She might not seem like it all the time but I know her. She is my friend," I defended Mijin. "She apologized. She even kneeled. She is not that type of person who would just kneel that easily," I added as I looked out of the mirror. I remembered how the tears ran down her cheeks that time as she kneeled down to beg for my forgiveness.

"I just don't trust that girl." I heard her sigh and I quietly sighed as well. "She could do something harmful to you, you know."

"Don't worry unnie. I can handle myself. And if she would ever hurt me--- but I know she won't, I would just defend myself. I already warned her that if she tries to fight me again, I will not let her beat me."

"Whatever you say, Chaerin. Please don't get me wrong, all right? I just want to keep you safe."

I smiled. "I understand that, unnie...and the fact that you always want to keep me safe makes me very glad."

"You're my sister... That is normal."

"Love you, unnie..."

"...it is cheesy but... Yeah, I love you too."

----------

It was already hours since we fetched our parents from the airport. We decided to eat at a restaurant for dinner.

Mom and dad told us about what they did while they were away. And of course, we told them ours.

"I'm glad you two didn't fight because of that SeokJin guy," mom says, chuckling. Dad gave her a look. "It is not funny. Chaerin even forced Chaesoo to move out!" He exclaimed causing Chaesoo and I flinch a bit.

Instead of feeling bad about what my father said, I tried to suppress my laugh.

"Dad...I was not forced to move out by Chaerin. I was the one who moved out myself and Chaerin forced me to come back home. I just knew that she needed some space that's why I left for a while. But Chaerin was really stubborn and she forced me to move back home," Chaesoo explained. I looked at her and she just winked at me.

"Glad to hear that," dad sighed in relief.

"We don't really have to talk about that mom, dad. It's all in the past now," I said with a smile. "How about let's talk about something else? Something better?"

"Chaerin is right. Maybe talking about something is much better." Chaesoo agreed with a nod.

Mom placed her index finger under her chin as she looked up at the ceiling. "How about we talk about where we should go this weekend? We must have a family day," mom said.