Chaper 32: Winter Party

Chaerin's POV

The music finished indicating that our practice was over. I dropped my tired arms to my sides and we all fixed our stuffs.

We were practicing the dance. It is our second performance right after my duo with Chanyeol and before the play that will be put up by the Drama Club.

"I am back!"

I turned and saw Taehyung exit the bathroom.

"What did I miss this time?" he asked innocently.

Psh. If only I know, he does not want to dance with me.

"You missed the last part of the dance, again," Bora told him. "Taehyung, how would you be able to perform if you keep on missing that part?" she asked.

That part where we all exchange our partners.

"Don't worry. It is just waltz and I am a quick learner."

Bora sighed, placing her hands on her hips. "President! Come over here!"

My brows rose up and Bora gestured me to approach them.

"Teach this guy, would you? We cannot let him dance tomorrow without knowing anything about the last part of the dance."

I gulped. I didn't even bother looking at Taehyung.

"Don't worry, Bora. Promise, I got this," Taehyung said before walking out of the grand assembly hall, exiting the place along with our other club members.

I don't know if I should feel relieved or disappointed because I missed another chance to talk to him and fix everything.

"Chaerin... What are we going to do?" she asked.

I smiled assuringly. "When he says he got this, he got this. Just trust him, he won't ruin the dance..."

She sighed. "I hope you two would make it up to each other already..."

She smiled one last time before heading out as well.

"Chaerin..."

I turned around.

"Let's go?" Chanyeol asked, reaching out my bag.

I smiled and nodded, grabbing my bag from his hand.

We exited the hall and exited the school. We approached his car and got inside. Then he started driving us to my home. Once we arrivesd, we both got out and Chanyeol helped me with my stuff.

"So..." he spoke as I slung my bag over my shoulder. "I will pick you up at six tomorrow, alright?"

I nodded with a small smile. "I will see you tomorrow," I said.

He smiled before getting in the car. He gave me a little wave and drove away. I waited until he was out of my sight and walked inside the mansion.

Chaesoo wasn't at home and I was still ignoring my parents who had something to do back in Busan. It seems like they really have no intention to stop the engagement.

And I still haven't spoken to Taehyung ever since... And he looks like he doesn't want to. He won't even practice that part where we would all exchange our partners as we dance.

I just do not know what to do because the Winter Party is tomorrow night... Then our engagement party would be on the next, next day.

I am so tired... Physically, mentally and emotionally. It is so hard to dance, to practice like nothing wrong is happening to me. Like as if I am not breaking down inside.