Chapter 37: Goodbye Sweet Angel

Third Person's POV

"Taehyung??"

The latter raised his head to his friend, Jungkook, before digging his head into his pillow again.

"Hyung... Don't you want to visit her? It is Christmas Eve," Jungkook said in a gentle tone.

"We will be visiting her later... Don't worry..." Taehyung mumbled.

"You have to go--"

"It hurts for me to go," Taehyung answered back, interrupting Jungkook. "...It makes me realize that she is really gone... She is already dead." his heart ached in every word he spoke out, tears were once again threatening to fall from his eyes. Tears that kept on falling ever since a week and a half ago. He tried everything to clear his thoughts but nothing worked. The fact that she is already dead kept on ringing in his mind.

Jungkook sighed sadly. He was never used at this side of Taehyung. The only time he saw him like this was when his grandmother died. "Think of this as a way to speak your goodbye to her... You haven't had the chance to say it properly even at the funeral," he stated.

Taehyung sighs and pushed himself off his messy bed. "I can't, Jungkook... I am too weak... I don't want to cry in front of her."

"At least just stop by then we could head for the hospital," Jungkook still tried to convince his friend to go. "Think of this as a way to move on," he added.

Taehyung's face grimaced. "I love her so much I don't think I could ever move on, Kook," he replied weakly.

Jungkook made his way to the elder and wrapped his arms comfortingly around Taehyung. "Alright... If you don't want to go, then let's just go straight to the hospital, alright?? Right after you eat breakfast though. It is already lunch yet your mom told me that you kept on skipping meals and eating little."

"I am not hungry," Taehyung replies, wiping the tears away from his face.

"You're eating or I am calling Jin hyung here to force you to?" Jungkook threatened and Taehyung sighed in defeat.

"Alright... Just give me an hour to get ready then," Taehyung replies and unwraps Jungkook's arms around him. The latter nodded and left the room, gently closing the door behind him.

But little did Jungkook know, Taehyung began to cry again.

---------

"...Uh... Jungkook, stop here," Taehyung instructed the younger who was driving. Jungkook did what he was told and stopped, then realized that they were right in front of the entrance to the Memorial Park.

"Why did we stop?" asked Jungkook.

Taehyung took in a deep breath and breathed out, "I am going to visit her."

Jungkook smiled and unlocked the doors. "I will go to you when they are looking for us already," he told his friend.

Taehyung smiled and nodded his head, then he exited the car. He walked through the entrance, his hands in the pockets of his coat.

Every step he took was the same as his heart beat. And every beat of his heart made pain rush through every one of his veins.

Seeing a set of tulips from afar, Taehyung approached the flowers and picked three of the best tulips he saw. Then he continued to make his way to her grave.

When he arrived, tears quickly pooled around the corner of his eyes. His chest started tightening and his hands clutched hardly onto the insides of his coat's pockets.