Chapter 28: Fiancé

Chaerin's POV

I bit down on my lip as I glanced on the wall clock again. Taehyung usually picks me up an hour before school starts and he is now thirty minutes late. He has never been late and I don't know the reason why.

I wanted to call him or text him but maybe he is busy and I don't want to bother him.

What's taking him so long? Does he hava a problem? Is he sick?? Is he not able to go to school???

I sighed.

I hope not.

I walked back and forth in front of the main door. Thinking why Taehyung is a little bit late for today.

Ugh! He is making me worry!

I heard soft thuds from behind. I turned and saw Chaesoo walking down the staircase. Unlike me, Jin does not pick her up. She says that it was too cheesy and cliché that boyfriends pick their girls up. Instead, she picks up Jin.

"Oh! Why are you still here?" she asks as she made her way towards me.

"Taehyung hasn't arrived yet. I wonder what's taking him so long."

A small frown showed up on her face. "Didn't he text you?" she asked and I shook my head. "Hmm... Maybe he will text or call you later on. I will drive you to school today. Let's go," Chaesoo said.

Chaesoo and I got in the car and she turned the engine on. Then she drove us away. Unlike before, I am in the back seat. I had to sit here because Jin would be sitting in front.

First, we made a stop and Jin's house to come and pick him up.

"Oh! Looks like you brought your little sister with us," Jin points out as he got inside. "Where's Taehyung? Didn't be pick you up?"

I sighed. "No. He is thirty minutes late and I don't know what has happened to him. Do you have any idea?"

"Sorry, but I don't have any," Jin answered. I just nodded in reply and he turned to the front.

I sighed and averted my gaze outside the window.

I hope you're alright, oppa.

---------

In a few minutes, we have finally arrived at school. Chaesoo parks at her usual spot and the three of us gets out.

B ur before we could enter the building. I saw a familiar car from afar. I squinted and to my disbelief, it was his car.

It was Taehyung's car.

"Unnie, Jin, look!" I pointed out to the car.

"Huh?" Chaesoo's brows furrowed in confusion. "If he is here... Then why didn't he come to pick you up?"

I shrugged. "I don't know..." I muttered and sprinted towards the car.

"Hey! Where are you going??" I heard Chaesoo ask.

"I will check out the car! You go ahead!" I answered without turning to them. When I was getting closer to the car, my steps slowed down.

I bent over to the window to check if there was someone inside. But no...

...wait... What is that?

I squinted to see the item better. Figuring out that it was a bracelet, my hands went to wrap up my wrist.

I don't have a bracelet like that.

I suddenly had a bad feeling but just decided to shrug it off.