Chapter 21: Fight

Chaerin's POV

Our vacation at Jeju was finally over. We thought that mom and dad would leave again but they said that they are going to handle businesses in the city only. They would come home before dinner every night and leave after we go to school in the morning.

It was lunch time but it extended for another hour due to a vacant subject.

I was was walking through the hallways and then I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my shoulders, making me jump a bit. I looked beside me and saw Mijin.

"You startled me," I said and ended up with a small chuckle. But she looked really serious though so my smile grew small.

"Sorry."

I can feel the eyes of students on us. When I looked at them, they were looking weirdly at us. I also felt that Mijin was looking back at them too. We could hear whispers and murmurs then suddenly, Mijin stopped walking so I stopped also.

"What are you guys looking at?" Mijin f asked everyone who was around us. The tone of her voice showed complete annoyance. "Can't you just mind your own business?!"

I slightly held her arm to stop her. "Mijin-ah. Don't mind them," I softly said to calm her down. She hissed before turning around. She grabbed my wrist and dragged me away from that place.

Her grip on my wrist was tight and it does hurt. But I know that she is just mad so I just let her. I can endure it anyways.

I felt relieved when we stopped and she let go of my wrist. I rubbed my wrist to ease the pain of it.
"Are you alright?" She asked me. "S-Sorry! I didn't mean too do that," she apologized.

"Don't worry, I understand," I said and smiled assuringly. "Next time just... don't mind them," I added.

She lowered her head. "...I just can't bear to see all of them looking at me in disgust...it hurts my feelings to hear them say bad comments about me and murmur as if I don't hear them. And when I heard their comments...I felt like I really don't deserve your apology. Like I don't deserve to be your friend anymore."

I sighed and held her chin up. "Don't say that. That is not true," I told her but she just sighed. "No matter what they say about you...they won't change the fact that I have already forgiven you. It won't change the fact that you are my friend again, Mijin."

She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you."

I smiled and hugged back.

---------

The bell rang just a few minutes ago and the hallways are once again flooded with students.

I told my friends to go to the cafeteria first and I'll follow. Mijin wants to go to the restroom and I volunteered to go with her. I also want to surprise the others about what happened to Mijin and I.

After a minute of waiting outside the restroom, Mijin walked out.

"So what were you saying earlier that you'll be telling me something?" she asks. Her eyes are on her uniform as she smoothens the clothing.

"I'll be announcing to my friends about our mended friendship. And also tell them that you'll be sitting with us now."

And then she looked at me wide-eyed. She shook her head but chuckled. "No way! They wouldn't want me to sit there."

"How can you say that if you are not sure about it yet? It hasn't happened yet."

"Well it is really possible. After everything I did to you?"