Brother steps in

Today at the station Kyle spent hours studying the clues. Sometimes I fell like Kyle Is more on the case than anyone else myself included. Jesse came in my office. "Hey how long has Kyle been in his office?" He asked. "Nine and a half hours." I respond with my eyes still on the screen. Finally Kyle came in. "Ok the blood is the killer's. I found a black piece of cotton." "And the gun powder?" I ask "from a gun obviously. The killer tripped spilling gun powder ripping his robe and cutting himself!" "Nice!" I said. "Now we know he's a clumsy fella." Said Jesse. Me Jesse and Kyle started laughing. "Well we're on the right track." Kyle said before he left. Jesse got his coat and walked out the door right after Kyle. I shut the building down and headed home. Of course I took the long way because the other way is... a little broken to say the least. When I got home I got a call. It was my brother. I answer it immediately. "John how are you." "Fine what happened to mom and dad?" "There...um...dead." "WHAT HOW?!" "They were murdered." "By who?... No wait Where do you live? You can explain later." I told John my address. With in an hour John knocked on my door. "Hey John." I said. "Ok what happened to the freeway?" "It was blown up by the same guy who killed mom and dad." "What's this guy's name?" "We call him The Reaper." "Man in black robe is gonna die." He said. John agreed to help me defeat the Reaper.