The Third Number

Just outside of town I got an email that told us where the third number was. I decided to head to that location at once. It wasn't to far from where I was, it took like ten minutes to get there. It was the old warehouse that blew up almost a year ago. I quickly walked towards the ruins of the warehouse. I spent almost an hour searching desks, book shelves and more. Then I finally found it in a cabinet in some office. The number was ''eight''. I wrote the numbers down on my notepad. '5,8,8.' "That will do." I said. Just as I left I got a call from Jesse. "Hey man the Fire department got the fire under control. "Sounds good I'm on my way back." I got in my car and started my drive home. On my way home my mind started to wander thinking about my past... I remember when I met Jesse. I was in second grade and was sitting alone at the lunch table. Then Jesse came an sat by me. "Hey what's your name?" He asked me. "Daniel. What's yours?" I responded. " My name is Jesse." He said "nice to meet you." I said. We've been friends ever since... After twenty minutes I finally reached the station. "Jesse are you here?" "Yeah I'm here." "Cool. I have another number. We're at 588. I said. "Nice. I'm glad we got somewhere AND we only have one number left." I noded my head in agreement.