Mavis's POV:

I watch silently as the teenager struggles to fight back another attack. The hot-headed wizard had been suffering these painful attacks for weeks, but apart from myself and his best friend Lucy Heartfilia, not one guild member knew. The attack subsides as the fire wizard finally wins control again, but he is still shaking. He turns to me and smiles in his usual cocky way. It doesn't fool me though.

"Sorry first master, you didn't have to stay. You can tell Happy he can come back home now. I don't like him here when this happens in case END takes over and hurts him." He explains, sitting down on a chair, putting his head in his hands. His shoulders are shaking slightly. "Can you get Luce too?" He sobs quietly. I smile softly, unable to comfort him because I was still an apparition.

"Of course Natsu. And you don't need to call me first master, it's just Mavis to you. After all, you are my future brother-in-law." I smile warmly, before hurrying to Lucy's house to get Lucy and happy.

Fairy tail was home to a vast number of powerful wizards, this at least was common knowledge. Unknown to most people however, even Guild Members, Fairy Tail held a dark secret deep in the basement. The Lumen Histoire contained my living body, something cursed so that any living thing I touched would die. A second lacrima contained something far more crippling, if word got out, however. The second lacrima held my boyfriend and Natsu's brother, the infamous Black Wizard Zeref. Well, I say black, but really, the poor thing was just suffering the same curse as me.

"Really Mavis, I would've thought Natsu would have figured it out by now." A familiar voice pulled me back to reality, making me smile. No-one payed attention to us as Zeref and I hurried over to Lucy's flat. I don't blame them, after all, only members of fairy tail could see me, and only dragon and demon slayers could see zeref...... we were technically apparitions.