Gray's POV:

"Gray?" A rumbling purr gets my attention. I uncurl a little, so I can see. It's Natsu... or maybe I should call him END when he's like this. I was so worried about him! Wait... I know he's my crush and everything, but why am I worried? It's Natsu for Mavis's sake. He could probably burn a whole city down even without his magic. He could take care of himself.

"Na... Nat...." He silences me with his wiry tail. It's like it's another arm for him. He holds out his scaly hand, milky white daggers at the end of each finger. I suppose they must be his claws. Lethal looking things. He grinned. I smiled softly. Why did I feel safe now? I get up off the floor and he turns around, bending over so he's on all fours. His wings are folded neatly either side of him.

"Up." He commands, and I don't argue. I see Mira staring with a black aura around her, Gajeel and Laxus readying their attacks. Were they going to attack us? I wrap my arms around his neck. Wait, where was his scarf? Was it hidden under his scales, or had he taken it off? He stands up straight, and that's when I realise how much taller he is in his Etherious form. He's as tall, maybe even taller, than Elfman. Bickslow appears, staring at us. He lifts his helmet and stares at us harder. Please, please don't see Natsu.

      "Leave it alone guys. It's harmless." Who was I kidding. Of course  he knows it's Natsu. Apparently he knew Loke wasn't human the minute he met him, so it wouldn't surprise me if he knew about Natsu too. His creepy eyes stop glowing, and he grins. He winks at me. Ok, yes, he knows. He's just not saying anything.

Natsu... END.... beat his wings as Loke appeared and tried to get near me. He probably just wanted to apologise for making me freak out, but it's kinda nice when nat....END acts all protective over me. An angry snarl tore from his lips, giving Loke what I assume was an Erza worthy death glare, seeing as that playboy instantly dissolved in a shower of light.

       He carries me carefully outside, and I'm not sure what he did, we were just up in the air suddenly, no warning. I knew Natsu looked like a demon from time to time, but I didn't realise his wings could carry him like this. He dipped one wing, and that made us spiral around, going lower with each round.

Eventually, we land in a clearing not far from his place. His body kinda shimmered a bit as he changed from Etherious to human. He smiles and offers me a hand. (I was sat on the floor.) I take his warm hand in my own, and he pulls me up.

"Gray?" He mumbles, after we enter his place. "Sorry for leaving you like that icicle. I just... couldn't be around anyone. My heat...... scares me. If another dom found me........" He trails off. I don't ask. I know what he means, because Lucy explained when the so called mating season ended. He sits down opposite me, refusing to look at me.

      "I could smell what happened you know." He whispers, fiddling with the fringe of his scarf.

      "Huh?" What happened? When? With Loke? How could he smell that?

      "When I carried you to Porlyusica's place. I could smell it. What happened."oh, that. I.... didn't want to think about that. I.... don't want to know, I don't want to remember. It hurts to remember.

      "Natsu...." I mumble.

     "It's... iro..iron...ironic. Here I was afraid it would happen to me, and.... you.... you.... I'm not gonna ask. It probably hurts, right? Remembering?" He sounds... worried? How does he know it hurts me to remember anyway? He gets up, never looking right at me, like a scared dog. For how human he looks, he certainly has an animal like reaction to things. He sorta sidles up to me, glancing up to my face, then to the sofa. It's.... cute, how different he is when no-one is around.

     "...can I... can I sit by you?" He asks, sitting next to me before I can reply. I flinch. I trust him.... I trust him! But.... I'm... scared. I.... was hurt.... Wait, how was I hurt? Who hurt me? Why do men scare me now? I'm feeling dizzy. I'm forgetting something, I know I am, something real bad. Was I... hurt? I'm scared. Natsu? I'm... scared of other guys.... but why? What happened? God, I'm really dizzy. What's going on? Natsu? NATSU! Then.... nothing.