Narrator's POV:

SOMEWHERE NEAR NATSU AND IGNEEL'S VALLY.

         Old Lee glanced up at the darkening sky, before travelling back through the snowy tunnels to his cabin. Nashi would not be home tonight. Not that it bothered him. That child was more than capable of taking care of herself, and besides, he reasoned with himself, she was with the Dragon Slaying Demon that reminded him so much of his own son. A distant rumble of tires could be heard, though Lee assumed no one would be crazy enough to be out in the snow covered valley at dusk. Especially one as dangerous as his.

        .....

  "Man, that was close." The man mumbled to himself, adjusting his goggles before kick starting his Magicycle. He still had a fair distance to cover, and he didn't think he could afford to stay in this place too long. Several groups of wizards were after him, and he didn't like it one bit. Seriously though, how many rogue and dark wizards had his doppelgänger upset anyway? Not to mention the magic council also hunting him down because 'there's no way a dragon slayer without motion sickness could exist'. Why did everyone assume he was a dragon slayer? He didn't even have magic!

      Eventually, as the sun began to disappear behind the nearby mountains, the Magicycle driver decided it was time to get some rest. Seeing the forest up ahead, the man thought what a good hiding place that would make for the night, if he could find dense enough foliage to hide in. However, as he approached, he realised luck was not on his side. For as far as his eyes could see, a white blanket encompassed the whole forest, brown pillars towering up out of the snow at fairly close but irregular intervals.

"Great. Just great." The Magicycle driver grumbled, as he drove towards the forest anyway. With any luck, the drifts would create a natural set of ramps he could use to throw his pursuers. Everything went smoothly at first. The snow had compacted to ice in most places, with only a thin layer of powder on top, which didn't provide much traction for his Magicycle. Not that it bothered him. The driver was used to difficult driving conditions, so driving a two wheeler over ice and snow wasn't all that much of a challenge.

About halfway through the forest, however, a mighty cracking, groaning, creaking sound echoed out, before the ice beneath the driver's Magicycle gave out, sending both man and machine plummeting several feet down. The driver was knocked unconscious from the fall, yet somehow his Magicycle was still in one perfect piece.

       Back at the edge of the forest, a small group of wizards stood on the other side of a large snowdrift, confusion and bewilderment plastered on their faces. They could've sworn the man they were chasing went this way, but the drift was impossibly steep, only a true lunatic would even consider scaling it. But then, the man they were chasing was rumoured to be a rogue Fairy, so..... it would be right up a Fairy Tail Wizards Street. Impossible death defying acts were their specialty. And the tracks did lead up to the powdery looking drift, though no tracks could be seen on or around the drift.

....

Old Lee was settling down to his supper when he heard the ice shatter in one of the nearby tunnels. He scowled. That was not Nashi or the Demon boy. No, they were far too stealthy to come crashing in like that. He carefully put his knife and fork to the side, chucked a tea-towel over his plate to keep it somewhat warm, and then grabbed his black travel cloak, which he wrapped around himself with care. Once he'd done all that, he left the cozy cabin and headed towards the ice cave the crash had resonated from.

         One look at the unconscious young man almost made Lee turn around and walk off. Especially as the young man did not have the red guild mark on his shoulder. To him, it had been sixty years since he'd seen that particular boy. To the young man however, it had probably been only ten years by the looks of him. The old man cursed and knelt by the Magicycle driver. He marvelled at the ingenuity of the vehicle's design, not an SE plug to be seen. Almost an exact replica of his own Magicycle back in Edolas, before he came to earthland.

         Checking him over, Lee concluded the boy had simply pulled a reckless stunt and fallen through the ice, miraculously missing the icy stalactites and stalagmites by mere inches. The old man picked the driver up carefully, turning to kick a giant icicle as he left the ice cave, a wave of snow falling to bury the Magicycle as he disappeared into the snow and ice tunnels leading back to the cavern. How the hell had his boy made it here? Sure, the little girl he understood. From what he knew, his world no longer had magic, so any and all Riders, like Little Nashi, had been sent here through a reverse Anima. But Lee's Boy was not a Rider. Sure, he knew Nashi's father had followed her through the reverse Anima, but he'd fallen on the other side of the country, nowhere near here...

         ....placing the young man on His own bed, Old Lee contemplated what to do. His brother Alic, Logan, Deon.... hell, even his sister porlyusica would know what to do. Should he let the young man see him? It might be too much of a shock for him. After all, poor Lee was about Sixty years older than what the child likely remembered, and he knew better than anyone how shocking that could be. Hell, when her first saw his sister after finding himself in earthland, they'd both already spent forty years wandering earthland. Whilst Porlyusica had made a name for herself as a healer at the infamous Fairy Tail, Lee had chosen to live self sufficient in a fiery valley, staying there even after that crazy ice Devil Slayer iced his home to destroy the sky demon That lived near the volcano.

       Lee was so lost in thought, he didn't notice the young Magicycle driver staring at him. The Fireball couldn't quite believe it. Years. Years searching Edolas for this man, and he winds up in the same Earthland cabin as him. How had he gotten to earthland? Were uncle Alic, Uncle Logan, Uncle Deon and Aunt Lulu here too? Or had they stayed in Edolas? What about his two cousins that went missing about the same time the grown ups did? He knew Gajeel and Wendy were still in Edolas. The poor Fireball started to shake. Damnit, he couldn't even be confident around his own dad outside a car. He was so pathetic.

      "You're n...n...not really h...h...him. R...r....r...right?" Edo-Natsu stuttered, shaking with the nerves. His dad was so much younger, but this old man looked just like him. Lee jumped. He had honestly not noticed the boy had woken up.

       "I should be asking you the same thing. You look so much like my son, if you had the red Fairy Tail insignia, I'd swear you were Dragneel playing a trick on me." Lee may have sounded sceptical, but he knew this was his son, no question. No one pulled off the cowardly mouse act quite like little Natsu Dragion.

        "T...trick? O...other... m...m...me plays t...t...tricks on... p...p...p...people?" Natsu was incredulous. Barf face was a trickster? Sure, that idiot had a suicidally childish personality, but a trickster? Lee sat down on the edge of the bed. Natsu was shaking violently with nerves. He even flinched when Lee's face burst into a wide grin.

      "God I've missed you brat." Lee laughed, forcing the timid boy into a warm fatherly embrace. Edo-Natsu smiled weakly. How long had it been? Sure, it was only ten years since he last saw his dad, but it looked like Lee had been living in Earthland much longer than that. The timid fireball couldn't help hugging the old man back, unsure whether he was crying or laughing. Probably both. Lee demanded to know what the reckless young driver had been doing, listening to every detail carefully. In return, Edo-Natsu listened with the same attention as Lee detailed his much longer story of their time apart.

However, once they'd finished discussing their very different lives, Lee got up and left Edo-Natsu alone in the room. Of course, being quite late, Lee had grown peckish, and gathered from his Boy's day that the younger Dragion was probably famished by now, so he set about making some cold meat sandwiches, using the roasted beef he was going to freeze for a later stew.

A/N: hey cubs. I was just wondering if any of you want to see a chapter from Zeref's point of view? please comment! I mean, I have Mavis's viewpoint, wouldn't it be interesting to see what the black wizard thinks?