Gray's PoV:

.
..
...
............. I wake up and blink in the near darkness. Where? Where was I?

..... oh. Right. I'd completed that mission with tons of time to spare, but had stupidly been ambushed and captured by a bunch of bandits. I'd been chained up and hurt by a pair of far-too-tight anti magic handcuffs, beaten senseless twice for trying to escape, humiliated and and.... no Gray, don't. Don't think about it... before being tossed into a wagon and dumped in some town like rubbish. The thugs left me there, tied to a post in an abandoned garden, overnight, before returning the next day to... to.... no... no... I just.... can't... I don't want to....

       Three day of these cruel attacks, with little time to rest and nothing to eat or drink, had weakened me to the point where I could no longer protect myself or even protest when one of the younger Bandits tore my precious necklace from me and tossed it aside into the overgrown grass. I was so weakened at this point, they removed the anti magic cuffs from me, simply binding my hands with rope. I was completely helpless.

      By the evening, I could barely move at all. The bandits had left about noon, leaving me helpless. I had absolutely nothing left to lose by that point, so, summoning up what little strength I had left, I cast an ice devil spell, that I'd been working on since I got my slayer magic. Thick strong walls of ice formed around me, closing off at the top to form a completely sealed barrier, protecting me from everything.

      I blinked again. I was still immobile, but alive, by some small Miracle. I could hear vague voices around me, screams and panicked cries, but it was no good. I felt myself drifting back to sleep, knowing now by the tightness in my chest and the dizziness that I wasn't going to be waking up again.... it was ironic, I mused, as I drifted off. Dying inside a shell of ice. That's how ur died. A fitting end... and then.. then nothing.