Multiple POV's:

Narrator's POV:

The Fairy Tail Guild was in a frenzy. No-one had seen or heard from Gray, Natsu or Lucy since they set out, and the only thing the village who'd hired them could tell them was that the mission had been successful, though the lack of property damage had confused the poor fellow who'd sent the request in the first place. After all, Fairy Tail wizards were as famous for their destructive prowess as they were for their proficiency in their chosen fields of magic. So not having to charge damages and submit a formal complaint was a fair shock. A pleasant one that the village elder appreciated, but an occurrence so rare from a Fairy Tail Wizard that it was enough to warrant unrest within the guild. Especially as this was Gray and Natsu they were talking about.

Of course, there were those.... less experience guild members who speculated that Gray and Natsu simply got along when no-one was watching, but those ideas were soon quashed when Levy unhelpfully pointed out that Lucy was with them, and so was Happy, so that couldn't be right. Cana and Mira had made some kind of bet, one that had both girls sending each other the Extra Specially Creepy Fangirl Look every so often,
though the details of said bet were kept a secret. (And in case you were wondering, yes, it was Mavis who came up with that name).

Two weeks. That was how long it took Gray, Natsu, Lucy and Happy to return after they'd finished their job. Nothing really unusual there though. The job had been quite far from the guild, so they'd taken the train to get there, so it had made sense that the team had walked back. Well, mostly. None of them needed to know about Happy and Natsu giving Lucy and Gray a lift most of the way. Nor did the guild need to know what they'd been doing for the past week and a half. Though Mira had a jolly good idea when the dragon Slayer burst into the hall, only to pause for a split second to adjust his scarf. Everyone else missed it, but Satan Soul Mira had caught a glimpse. She smiled secretively to herself, knowing that a hickey was hidden behind those pristine white scaly folds.

Erza didn't need to see the hickey though. She knew Natsu well enough by now (especially as they'd secretly dated for a while shortly before Lucy arrived) to know the signs. He was picking more fights with Gray than normal, but he was pulling his punches to the extent that the Titania of Fairy Tail was utterly confused when no one else commented on it, also, the dragon slayer's annoyed growl was more of a purr whenever Gray was nearby. Natsu could not purr consciously. It was a subconscious reaction to being in close proximity to his current mate, whether it be male or female. The armoured woman said nothing though, content to wait for the inevitable chaos that would follow when everyone else found out.

Lucy walked up to the bar, ignoring the ball of ice that flew past and ducking with a bored expression as a fireball nearly hit her in the back of the head. Mira was smiling in her creepy fangirl way as she started up casual conversation with the celestial Mage, subtly probing Lucy for information, disappointed to find that Lucy's behaviour wasn't suspicious at all. It was almost as if she didn't know anything about Natsu's unusual bruise.

"How the hell should I know?" Grays voice bellowed, and Mira chose that moment to look up, freezing at the sight. Gray and Gajeel were head to head, snarling in fury as Levy tried desperately to pull them apart. Several people had crowded round to watch the fight, which was quite strange in it's own right because Gray and Gajeel usually got along quite well, though heavens knows why.

"You two reek of each other. Man-whore." Gajeel growled, and Levy tried again to pull the two apart, confused as to why her Gajeel was being so hostile to the only guy in the guild who appreciated his songwriting as much as she did.

"He's worse than I am." Gray retorted, ice beginning to crackle over the floor as he began to lose control of both his magic and anger. No-one had the foggiest who they were on about, though most eyes fell on Juvia, who shook her head in denial. She wasn't going to snitch. It was none of the guild's business if Gray was interested in her or not, and she knew he was not. How could he be interested in her when he was gay? And also, she was definitely a girl. Gray had said 'he'.