Natsu's POV:

I sat next to Gray, afraid I might trigger some memory if I did, but he seemed okay. Wait... no.... he's not ok. His scent's changed. He flinches, but it's like he's not all there. There's definitely a change in his smell. He's not scared, but there's something wrong.

"Gray?" I call his name softly, but he doesn't answer, he just keeps staring right ahead. "Oi, stripping freak!" I try again, using a name he always reacts to, but nothing. It's starting to freak me out. "Oi, pervert! I bet even Romeo could beat your pathetic ass. No wonder you're always being rescued by me!" I practically yell, but it's like he can't hear me. Ok. I'm afraid now. His scent's getting stronger, that normal Gray smell, with that added bit that's got me really worried now.

"Mnnngghh" he moans softly, his eyes rolling back as he kinda just collapses forward. I lunge forward and catch him before he falls off the sofa. The bad smell is much stronger now, and his heart sounds too fast, his breathing is shallow too, like it's hard for him. We need Porlyusica! Damn, I can't go outside with him like this. If I go all Etherious and fly about with a really sick person in my arms, people might think.... but I'm not like that! I'm harmless! (Unless your an enemy of fairy tail of course).

"Gray?" I whisper, scared now. His heart isn't racing anymore, but his breathing is all raspy and the bad smell's gotten stronger. I.... don't wanna cause a mass panic, but it's the fastest way. I pick him up carefully and hold him princess style. I carry him outside and let the darkness inside me rear up and takeover. I'm still me. Just more. I beat my wings furiously, feeling completely useless. I jump, and beat my wings harder as I catch a hot updraft in the air.

I need Wendy. She might be able to help and she's closer than Porlyusica right now. I fold my wings once I'm high enough, and I pick up loads of speed. I can't believe I'm using the tricks Igneel used when he used to fly me about. Come to think of it, he'd told me loads of trick about flying. Had he known I was Etherious the whole time, or had Zeref withheld that particular detail?

I spread my wing and stretch my tail out as I.... what was the word Igneel like to use? Oh right, pulled up and braked hard. I landed right by the guildhall, Gray still safe in my arms. A couple of people screamed and ran away. Man, they're gonna tell the council, aren't they? It's not like my 'death' was made public. I bet the council still have a file on this form. But that's not important right now. I can worry about the council later. Gray needs Wendy. His smell is still bad, but I'm not sure what's wrong.

I'm about to burst through the door, but it's opened before I can. Erza stands there, I think she's surprised, but she could be angry. I'm not sure. One of her evil grins flits across her face, then she's all smile. Oh god, what on earthland is she thinking? She lowers her voice, and whispers to me to just go with it. Now I'm scared. What sort of creepy, humiliating, degrading thing has she planned?

I followed her inside, Gray still safe in my arms. I fold my wings tightly to my sides and wrap my tail around Gray's hand, which had flopped down when I landed earlier. Lucy just stares at me, Happy still asleep on her head, Wendy and Romeo are nowhere to be seen, Macao and Wakaba glance up from their drinking and immediately ready their magic, and Bickslow appears and tells them to back off. He knows. He can see my soul. He knows who this hideous demon really is.

"What happened?" Erza demanded, rounding on me and summoning a sword to my neck. I hissed like a dragon and backed off. I don't like it when my neck is touched. It's why I wear my scarf. Erza repeats the question, using her 'I will kill you if you don't explain' voice. What the hell does she want me to do?

"He's hurt. Smell all wrong." I explain in my gravelly demon voice. I hope she won't use my name. I don't want people to know I'm a monster as well as a 'destructive Pyro'.

"Jet, go get Porlyusica. WENDY!" Erza orders, holding her arms out to me. Does she want me to hand Gray over to her or something? HELL NO. I need to take care of him, protect him. "Are you gonna let me put him in the infirmary, or do I have to say your name?" Erza threatened. Name? Which one? Hell, calling me either would be bad. Real bad.