Narrators POV:

(Back to the present.)

     Rogue sighs, sliding a hand into his pocket and touching the object he'd picked up from the ground near the dome yesterday. He suddenly pulls his shirt off, removing a worn and dirty shirt from underneath. Natsu flinches away and growls in warning.

    "Sorry Natsu, it just gets too hot wearing that thing." Rogue explains apologetically, putting his outer shirt back on. Natsu stops growling, and uncurls slightly, catching the faint but familiar scent. He notes that Rogue has sat unthreateningly on the floor, a shy look on his face. The scent is comforting for Natsu.

   "Rogue? How do you do that? Hide the scent?"Natsu asks the Shaddow dragon slayer. The dark hair man smiles shyly. He knew that question would come.

    "I wear one of Stings dirty shirts under my own clothes. The scent of a dominant slayer masks the much weaker scent of a sub in their first heat...." rogue trails off, looking worriedly at Natsu. "It's masks my scent almost perfectly. Don't tell Sting though...."rogue explains wistfully, a glazed look in his eyes.

    "So, I'm assuming you being a sub is not why you came here, so what do you two want?" Natsu asks curiously, sitting up on his bed, wincing slightly at the pain. Rogue saw this faint gesture, and mentally noted that Natsu seemed much worse affected by heat than him. Rogue takes the object from his pocket and tosses it to Natsu, who caught the object deftly with his left hand.

    "This is why. Something like iced shell appeared in town. It smells like someone's in there. I thought it was Lyon from Lamia scale, until I saw that on the floor. It's Gray's, isn't it? I ordered Sting to hurry over here after that." Natsu doesn't seem to be listening to him, he's too busy staring at the silver object in his hand. He's shaking violently.

      "Rogue, go back to him. Take sting. Now! I'll follow." Natsu growls angrily, a tear escaping his eye as he clutches the silver sword necklace in his hand. A faint dark aura surrounds him.

     "Our magic won't work Natsu, you know that, right?" Rogue gently reminds his friend.

    "So? I don't need magic. Go, I'll be right behind you both. Hurry." Natsu sounded angry, but Rogue couldn't fathom why. He nods to the younger... or was it older?... dragon slayer, throwing Stings shirt back on. Natsu stands up, winces, and smiles, showing of his oddly long fang like canines.

       Sting is sat outside, waiting for Rogue to reappear with Natsu. He'd tried to eavesdrop, but the two slayers in the house were craftily quiet, so he had no clue what was going on. Neither Natsu or Rogue had talked loud enough to be overheard.

   Rogue appeared finally, Natsu hovering at the front door nervously. Sting takes two large steps back as Natsu's scent washes through his nose. A submissive. The strongest of the five true dragon slayers had to be a sub, didn't he? Sting backs away, afraid of his own instincts, though his was only his first rut, so he still had some control. Rogue notices, and stand defensively in front of Natsu, glaring at Sting.

    "Leave him be. Let's go. We don't have much time." Rogue orders, earning a soft smile from the white Dragon Slayer. Sting and Rogue turn to head back, but Natsu calls to them, stopping them in their tracks.

"I know a faster way to get there." The Fire Dragon told them confidently, a sly, creepy smile on his face. Both Sting and Rogue felt a little creeped out by that look.

    "How?" They both asked, at the same time.

     "You've heard of END, right?" The Twin Dragons nodded. Where on earthland was the crazy dragon going with this?

     "The most powerful demon Zeref created right?"

    "Not exactly. I'll explain on the way. Just don't wet yourselves and run away like Happy did." Natsu chuckled at the memory. The dragon slayer could feel the bubbling darkness just below the surface, ready to leap forward. He'd always been scared of END taking over, but that part of him wanted to help too, so he let himself dissolve into that darkness, removing his scarf and folding it neatly first.

     "Keep hold of that. Whoever's in that ice will need it." He tells Sting, handing over his oh-so-precious scarf. Both the white and shadow dragon slayer gave him a funny look. Natsu never gave up his scarf. To anyone, not even his exceed!

    "What!? Isn't this.... and I thought subs in heat couldn't use magic?"

    "No time, and people would recognise the scarf. I'm not using magic, damnit!" He yelled, as a spasm raced through him. Both slayers stepped back as the transformation happened. Pink hair darkened to deep, blackish red, sharp canines lengthened to dagger like fangs, green eyes changed to blood red and skin vanished under a protective armour of deep red scales. Fingernails twisted into claws and a strong, wiry tail whipped into existence behind him as large leathery tan and red wings sprouted from his shoulders. The teen had transformed into a freaky human-dragon hybrid.

     "Get on my back. No time." The creature that had once been Natsu rumbled, in a deep, gravelly voice that sounded soft and cruel, like a siren. Both Sting and Rogue just stared, forcing Natsu to roar out the command again. The two young men scrambled onto his back, asking questions about what he was, because dragonification was impossible for them wasn't it?

    With a grating roar, the creature that had been Natsu beat it's powerful wings and launched into the air. Sting cried out in surprise as he realised that his motion sickness wasn't kicking in. What exactly was Natsu? Once in the air, Sting began to interrogate Natsu.

    "So, what exactly turned you into a dragon?" The white Dragon Slayer asked, curious. Dragonification wasn't possible for them, right? Natsu's deep, rumbling voice, so unlike his normal childish one, answered, almost as if he'd practiced this conversation several times.

    "I'm not a Dragon. I'm a... please don't panic.... I'm a Fire Demon." The monstrous creature rumbled. Natsu was nervous. He'd never used his Curses before, but he somehow instinctively knew what to do. He would have to thank his brother for that when he got home.

    "Fire Demon?" Rogue asked worriedly. "You're not... one of Zeref's pets, are you? Because if you are, it means that...." rogue stopped, as Natsu let out an annoyed rumble.

     "No, Zeref is as dead as First Master Mavis. And I'm not his pet. None of us Etherious were pets." Natsu rumbled softly. From their position on his scaly back, neither dragon slayer could see Natsu's sorrowful expression.

     "Oh, ok.... WAIT WAIT WAIT.... DID YOU JUST SAY US ETHERIOUS?" Sting roared loudly, making both Rogue and Natsu wince in pain.

     "Yeah. Fairy tail doesn't know. Well, Gray, Erza, Matser and Lucy do, but everyone else had their memory wiped. Do you realise how damaging it would be to Fairy Tail if word got out that they'd been harbouring END all this time?" Natsu explained, afraid of their reactions.

    "So.... does that mean....." Sting started, pausing as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

    "That you're E.N.D? The most powerful and Evil of Zeref's demons?" Rogue finished.

    "I'm not Zeref's creation though. Not exactly." Natsu told them, suddenly banking left sharply to avoid a flock of birds. "There's so much you don't know about Zeref, and his demons. I don't think now's the time, but I am going to say Fairy Tail only exists because of Zeref."

   "WHAT!!!" Sting and Rogue yelled together in surprise.

    "I'll explain later, we're almost there now. When I tell you, jump. You'll land next to the dome."