Gray's POV:

I sneeze yet again as I head towards the Pyro's place with Happy. Three days ago Natsu had left the guild 'on leave' but he was still at home, and I'd finally gathered the courage to confess my feelings for him. 'Damned Pyro making me fall for him' I thought to myself as I waited for Happy to open the door and let Natsu know I was there.

It seemed to take forever, but Natsu finally appeared, and oddly enough, let me in without a word. I noticed the sweat and the scent of..... arousal on him. God, he looked awful. Was he sick?

"What do you want, ice.... cu...cube?" He greets in our usual friendly way, trying to hide the stutter in his voice. At least he sounded pleased to see me.

"To talk, ya Pyro." I stated, walking past him to sit down. His house was unusually clean, for Natsu anyway. I sit down, managing by some miraculous feat to keep my clothes on. (It's not like I intend to strip all the time.... it just.... happens.) he sits opposite me with Happy on his shoulder. What is he gonna think when I tell him? He's probably gonna think I'm even more of a weirdo than I already am in his eyes.

"Natsu...." his eyes flash dangerously at the use of his name, something I don't often do. "I... I... don't know if you.... I mean... well, what I'm trying to say is well.... he'll. this is harder than I thought it would be....." I stated, before Happy cuts me off suddenly. He's got that creepy look again. The one he and Mira usually share between themselves.....

"He luuuuvs you!"

"Shut it Cat!" I yell at him, instantly feeling bad as Natsu flinches from my loud voice. He's gotta be sick. Right? Natsu gave Happy a Erza worthy Death Glare, making the blue exceed flinch away from the Pyro.

"He's.... He's not wrong Natsu." I mutter softly "I know you're not into guys, but it's been bothering me for months and I just wanted you to...." I stop as the Pyro gets up and moves to sit next to me, leaning into my shoulder and making a creepy little noise that would freak me out coming from anyone else. It sounded like a growl mixed with a purr. "What the hell man!" I exclaim, without really meaning to say anything.

"Gray....." he whined, wincing as he did. Ok, he just had to be sick. "I'm.... not sick, if.... that's what.... you think." Wait, were my thoughts that obvious? "I'm a submissive dragon slayer..... and.... a submissive... demon. It means three things....... dominant slayers go crazy over me, I go into.... into heat.... and I can... can get.... well.... uh." Heat? Wait, does that mean he can..... he leans into my shoulder more, and I almost push him away, but the warmth of his body against the cool of my skin...... wait....

"Where's my clothes!!!" I exclaim, realising I'd done it again and stripped without meaning to. Natsu chuckles softly, leaning into me again and continues with his weird little crooning sound.

"Gray, you're a devil slayer, right? Why aren't you going crazy right now?" Mavis's voice made us both jump "demon and god slayers are affected by mating season too, so how have you not lost all sense yet?" I turn to glare at the First Master, knowing full well what she was implying. Natsu mirrors my glare, then gets up and goes to his kitchen.

"Mavis, He's new to all this slayer stuff, so it makes sense that mating season isn't affecting him much. Yet." Another voice rings out. I inwardly moan. Zeref. Natsu reappears with two drinks, one iced tea, the other apparently on fire. He handed me the tea, and ate the fire before setting his glass on the small table.

Natsu sits next to me and leans into my shoulder again, ignoring Mavis and Zeref. He mumbles something incoherent to Happy, who apparently understands and flies out the house. I just sit there, unsure of what to do. His warmth against my cool shoulder felt strange, it made me feel weird. It wasn't unpleasant, but still.