Natsu's POV:

Leaning against Gray made me feel a little bit better, but it still hurt really bad. I was fighting every instinct as I sat there with my crush, all I could focus on was Gray. His scent, the reassuring feeling of his skin against mine as I leaned into him.... it was overpowering. I could also smell my own scent. How was Gray still in control? The scent of a submissive in heat was.... intoxicating. Did he really care about me the way I did about him? Was that why he hadn't lost control to his slayer instincts?

      After a while, I got up and went to my room, leaving Gray to let himself out. I needed to be alone. I didn't want to become attached to anyone, especially Gray, just in case the magic council found out that Fairy Tail was unwittingly hiding END. They thought he was dead, but I wasn't. At least, I didn't think I was.

       Curling up on my bed, I go back to thinking about Gray and how much I needed him right now. Happy had gone to Lucy's, because I didn't want him here whilst I was in heat just in case I hurt him. (Apparently sub slayers get protective of their 'nest' or home.) happy was one of my best friends, and like a son to me, and I don't think I could live with myself if I hurt him.

         I let out a soft needy whine as I hear Gray moving about downstairs. It sounds like he's in the kitchen talking in a soft voice to Mavis and Zeref. I can't hear what they're saying though. I clutch my sides as another flare of pain tears through me, please, make it stop! If it were a constant pain, I'd be able to deal with it, but this pain was unpredictable and flared up without warning. It was crippling. Gray is still in the kitchen, his amazing scent filling my house.

     The sounds in the kitchen stop, and I hear soft footsteps approaching my room. Gray knocks, opening the door softly before I can tell him to leave me alone. He sits next to me.

    "Natsu?" He asks me. Wait, asks??!! "Here, I thought this might help you a bit..... Natsu, hey...hey...." he exclaims the last bit softly as I flinch away from his touch. He's a friggin dominant slayer, and I was vulnerable right now. "Hey..." his voice is so soft, it reminds me of gentle snow, and not the harsh ice his voice usually reminded me of. "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't worried about you, you Pyro. Mavis and Zeref told me everything they know about the slayer mating season, so I... I know you.... probably feel.... threatened by me right now....." he trails off, placing a cool hand on my shoulder, I flinch, but don't move away. He continues to talk, in his soft, soothing voice...

      "Yes, I'm a dominant slayer, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna suddenly start acting like Juvia, does it?" I chuckle, I can just imagine Juvia and Gray switching bodies..... the horror.... "this, well.... it's kinda my first rut, so I'm not that badly affected, but it's still... still agony Natsu... I love you, and have for years..... I know this isn't a good time, and I know you're suffering right now, you're in heat and I expect you feel vulnerable without your magic right now......" he trailed off, looking at me shyly. Why is he So Hot? I whine softly, trying to hide the tiny sound, and I think I succeeded, because he doesn't react.

    "I'm not going to.... Natsu?" He asks me as I shake slightly, god this hurts so much, please Gray, make it stop..... "hey, I'm not going to do anything, Natsu? I want to.... but only when you're ready, ok?" He stops, and hands me something. One of his dirty zip up hoodies. It smells lovely right now...... "I..." he mumbles, and I look at him quizzically. "I love you, flame brain."

     I uncurl and sit up properly, leaning into ice-cube's bare shoulder, a soft croon escaping my lips. Gray puts the hoodie around my shoulders, pulling me into a hug, which I lean into, feeling his scent cocoon me and so my heat, if only a little. It still hurt real bad though. I nuzzle my head into his shoulder and neck, drinking his attractive and comforting scent.

     "Mmmm, Gray, thanks...." I mumbled awkwardly into his shoulder, his cool arms around me making me feel strangely safe. I know, without him saying it, without really know why I know it, that I don't need to worry about the other dominants because Gray will protect me. My Gray. My..... Gra....y...... I must've fallen asleep like that, because I wake up lying on my bed, gray's hoodie still around me. I'm cold without Gray, and I can't use my magic right now. And being the idiot I am, I don't have anything warm other than Gray's hoodie, because I rely on magic. Gray isn't here... he's not here.... I feel so... weak right now. What if a dominant finds me? What if Gray doesn't come back?

        I notice the paper stuck to the door. I think it's Gray's handwriting. I look at the paper, frowning. I still can't read all that well, it takes me ages to read typed words, so I usually just pick a job with words I can read. Reading handwriting is even harder, and much as I don't like it, I can't actually ready my own handwriting, but Happy can. What does it say? Arrrrgggghhhh, I can't read his writing, but I can tell it's neat. I get up and look at the note like I would a job request. It's no use, the words just won't stay still. They float around and I can't read it.

      I curl up into a ball snuggling into Gray's hoodie for comfort. I was still really hurting, and even though I didn't want it, i know I needed a dominant to.... you know....

A/N: here's the note, if you were curious. Anyone any idea why Natsu sees the words like this by any Chance?

      Natsu,
             Gone to the guild to see if I can do a few jobs.
             I'll be back tomorrow, ok? Lucy will come by
             later with food.
                                                                      ~Love Gray.