Narrator's POV:

a/n: happy Easter to those that celebrate it! Consider this chapter an advanced apology. I may disappear for a bit. Or I may go on a huge writing rampage and churn out a chapter a day. I don't know. Let's just say shinigami-sama and kami-sama have paid a visit to a relative an hour ago, so...... yeah. Author-chan needs a bit of space. That and I need to smash some things because that's how I deal with sadness.

The little girl looked up at the sky. Choppy pink hair framed her chubby face, her green eyes searching the blue sky for dangers. Snow surrounded her, the huge drifts curving up and hollowing out to form natural snow caves. Amongst the trees was a veritable Warren of snow-tunnels, with a few clearings like this one where she could just see the sky. If she thought back, she could just remember green summer grass and sunlight glinting off of someone's goggles, but those memories were old and vague.

Up in the Sky was a huge red dragon-like beast. She watched as it circled the forest, once, twice, three times. Something about the creature drew her to it. She turned and raced through the snow tunnels, left, right, under a low roof, up over a bank, left, left again, right, through the dead bramble fence, and into her cabin. Sat in the chair by a small fire, was a middle aged gentleman with pinkish white hair and soft green eyes. He turned his head to acknowledge the girl, smiling warmly.

"You had fun today brat?" He asked, a smile teasing the corners of his mouth. The little girl nodded. She described the red dragon-beast in as much detail as she could. The man stared at her for about ten seconds, before leaping to his feet with unusual enthusiasm.

"Come brat. We should go meet this animal."

"Ok grampa lee!" The little girl smiles, tiny fangs protruding from her lips as she struggled to keep her mouth shut as she smiled. The pink haired man grabbed a black travel cloak and flung it over his shoulders, pulling up the hood to hide his face and hair. The little girl laughed as she chased after her grampa, who was surprisingly swift for someone with a severe limp.

Natsu was still flying around the valley, searching for signs of life, when a red flare shot up from the foot of the dormant volcano. He flew over, spotting the little girl and the hooded figure as he approached. The little girl was grinning and hopping from foot to foot, waving and laughing. Her smell made Natsu grin back as he landed near them, though the hooded figure stayed back.

"What brings you back, brat?" The hooded figure asked, reaching a gloved hand out to pull the little girl closer to him. The little girl snarled and pulled away. No-one, not even her grampa, was allowed to touch her if she didn't want it.

"I need your help. My friend, he's sick. I need a healer who knows about demons and demon slayers." Natsu rumbled, crouching on all four like a dragon. He knew this man's scent. It was like Porlyusica's. A mix of dragon, human and Edolas. So the little girl's guardian was from Edolas as well then.

"Why should I help? You know I hate humans." If Natsu didn't know better, he'd swear the man in the cloak was Porlyusica's son. (He smelled too young to be her brother.)

"I'll help you. Grampa lee can stay behind. Why do you smell like me mr dragon?" The little girl asked, tilting her head to the side like a puppy.

"Not dragon. He's a fire demon, little Nashi." The hooded figure told the little girl.

"COOL!" Nashi squealed. "Does that make him really scary then?" Natsu chuckled. So did the hooded figure.

"I'll explain on the way, but I have to hurry. Can you heal my demon slayer friend Nashi?" Natsu rumbled. The little girl nodded enthusiastically.