Gray's POV:

Wendy came to heal me before I woke Pyro up, so I was feeling better. But he scared me when he brushed my face with his cool hands. It's strange, the Pyro usually feels warm, but maybe that's just because he's usually on fire and I've just punched him. Had I ever been close enough when I wasn't fighting him to feel his natural temperature before? Probably not.

      I couldn't help flinching when he brushed a tear from my face, I just hope he hasn't noticed. I know it's mating season, and I'm supposed to be in some sort of rut, but what... what happened.... I don't want to think about it. Natsu's sweet cherry-wood bonfire smell is soothing, and I suppose if ... that... hadn't happened, I'd have been out of control around him by now. probably.

       I don't want to be alone, so I practically beg him to stay. I'm still in Porlyusica's house, which makes me feel a tiny bit more secure. Normal wizards usually avoided her. I'm not if they feared her broom or her potions more. Why was she even letting us stay here anyway?

"Hey Gray?" The Pyro asks softly. I glare at him. Was his heat really hurting him? I couldn't really tell. This was my first rut, and I knew nothing about what Natsu was going through. It's not like I had anyone there to tell me about slayer magic, I sure as hell wasn't going to ask another slayer.

"I'm... not gonna ask what happened. I can sorta smell it on you.... but I'm not gonna ask. They scared you, didn't they? I... promise I won't hurt you. Mating season.... it's making us do weird things. I... can't trust myself, so I'm gonna leave. I'll take Happy, and I'll come back when my heat goes away. If... if you still want me... after that.... I'll wait." Woah, I've never heard his so serious. His squinty eyes are sad, and he's gently holding my hand. Can he really smell how scared I am? And he wouldn't really leave me alone, would he? I'm... ashamed, too scared to admit it, but I don't want to be on my own right now. I don't feel safe.

"Natsu..." I mumble, not sure how to answer. He seems to get it though. We haven't been given the title of Fairy Tail's best tag team for nothing. If he wasn't an ash brained Pyro I'd think he had telepathy magic, he could read me so well.

"I'll get Luce and Erza to stay with you. I know you'd feel safer around them rather than one of the guys right now. Erza and Luce know you were hurt, everyone does, but they don't know how or why. I won't tell them, I don't know enough anyway." He paused, glanced around, and smiled softly. "I'll go find Happy. Erza will pick you up. You'll be living in my place until you're feeling better because it's more secure. See ya around, ya pervy popsicle." He places a cool hand on my arm, smiling gently.

     "Don't go." I mumble. Lucy's strong, but I didn't want her calling out any male spirits. It's not like I didn't trust them, but I didn't feel... secure around other guys. No, I don't know why Natsu is different. Was it because I trusted him? Erza was dependable, but she was too blunt with her words. What if she forced me into telling her what happened? I don't want to remember. I don't feel safe on my own, I don't want to be alone. Natsu! Don't leave me!