Mavis's POV:

The cool breeze felt nice as it rushed through my spirit as I sat on the roof of my guildhall next to Zeref. All the noise of the guild and the current brawl barely reached us up here in this peaceful spot, and I could almost relax. Almost.

"Sky Dragon Roar!"

"Iron Dragon wing attack!"

Oh well. If Zeref and I hadn't been apparitions, we would have either been torn to pieces, or fallen to our deaths. The roof we had just been perching on now had two giant holes in it, and you could clearly see the brawl continuing inside the hall. Seriously, was being destructive really that fun? Zeref chuckled softly.

"It seems little Wendy might be a dominant Dragon Slayer too. Is she really trying to impress my lookalike by fighting The Iron Head?" I lean in close to Zeref, our ghostly bodies soft and cool like mist to touch. He seriously sounded like Natsu sometimes in the way he named people. Did he realise he was doing it? And I wonder..... how the conbolts would react if they ever found out that one of them was the doppelgänger of Zeref? I giggle crazily and clap my hands in glee.

"Natsu thinks Laxus is dominant, Laxus thinks Natsu is dominant, neither of them are, Natsu and Gray are likely going to end up as mates and Wendy's in her first Dragon Rut. It's going to be a huge explosion of fireworks when they all find out about each other. I can't wait. How much paperwork and damage do you think there will be? Ooh, I hope there lots...."

"Mavis dear, sometimes, I seriously wonder about your sanity. Were you born mad, or has that lacrima messed with your beautiful brain?"

"Says the you who ressurected his dead brother just so he could die at his little brothers hands." I retort, smiling cheekily.

"Touché." He replies, returning my smile. All this ribbing and name calling we liked to throw at each other meant nothing. We cared for each other deeply, and though he'd never in a billion years admit it, I knew he regretted nearly killing me that day. (Still one of the best days of my life though.)

"Hey, Mavis?" I tilted my head to acknowledge him; "do you... dog you think that... does Natsu hate me? For what I've done to him?"

"If your talking about resurrecting him and turning him into a monstrous demon feared by the entire world, then locking his memories of his past away and abandoning him to a potentially lethal dragon, probably not. I don't think Natsu can hate you. Also, you're not a train, magicmobile, carriage or cart." I chuckled. Was Zeref aware of Matsus dislike for transportation?

"So you're saying as long as I'm not a vehicle, he won't hate me?"

"He hates people who are willingly and deliberately cruel, you were kind of forced to be evil, so you could control your magic. He's probably already forgotten. Even if he didn't remember you, his heart knew you when he 'first met' you on tenrou. If anyone else had turned his precious scarf black, he'd have burnt them to ash. He knew, by instinct and probably smell, that you weren't his enemy. He knew you didn't mean it, without knowing how he knew." I reply, placing my translucent hand on his shoulder. Maybe one day we could both be free of our curses and free to return to being normal wizards one day. Whatever normal was for fairy tail, anyway.