Narrators POV:

(Freed's house, the day after the thunder legion leave.)

Laxus was curled up on Freed's sofa, beads of sweat on his skin and crackling sparks of electricity surrounding him. Freed was sat next to him, a gentle hand on e bigger man's shoulder. Laxus was groaning quietly, cursing his heat and pretty much everything else. Freed had no idea how to help his friend, except to just be there for him. Laxus mumbled something Freed can't hear.

"Sorry Laxus, I didn't catch that..."

"Make it stop Freed, it hurts. Please...." the weak, pathetic, whiny voice sounded nothing like Laxus' usual demeanour, but Freed, being the love stricken idiot he was, didn't care. He lowers his voice in case Mirajane was around (this wouldn't be the first time she'd snuck into a guild mate's house to spy) and spoke softly, almost afraid of the answer.

"Laxus. You know what that requires us to... to do. Right?"

"Please Freed. Make it stop. Please."

"LAXUS!" The rune Mage exclaims softly in gentle surprise as the larger man pulls Freed closer to him, their faces almost touching. Inside, Freed is squealing with delight, but outside, he retains his calm composure. He's shocked. Laxus clearly wasn't thinking straight, to have asked such a thing from him. The Lightning Dragon Slayer's heat was obviously overriding whatever little common sense Laxus still had, and Freed couldn't, and wouldn't, take advantage of that. The rune Mage placed a kind but firm hand on the Dragon Slayer's shoulder.

"No." Freed orders firmly, summoning as much authority to his voice as possible, whilst still managing to retain that soft, calm voice. "You're not thinking straight, Laxus. I'm not going to do that, I'm not, I repeat, not taking advantage of you like that. At least wait until after mating season ends, when you can think rationally again." The green haired wizard tells his blonde companion, before leaving the room. He had groceries to fetch.

(Back at the Fairy Tail guild.)

Mirajane miles to herself slyly. She pulled out a little notebook and crossed out another set of names, marking them with little symbols. To anyone else, the book could be mistaken for a list of the Guild members with a tab, but names like Bacchus, Sting, yukino, Hibiki, Renn and Eve were also on the list. So far, her book contained a list of all her preferred ships, both within and outside of Fairy Tail. So far, she'd been forced to make a revised edition of her ship list four times, and in the back of the book was a list of all the bets Cana had made against and for some of her ships. The She Devil was enjoying this, maybe a bit too much. She grinned, in a way that made kinana shriek and leap back. If things kept going the way they were, she'd be 100,000 jewel better off, enough to cover her rent for the next month.

(At Lucy's place.)

"Regulus Impact." A woman's voice growled out as a flash of light lit up the window for a fraction of a moment.

"Come on princess, it has to hurt. It still just tickles." A voice goaded her.

"Regulus Impact!" The voice growled out louder, another flash of light following the voice.

"Seriously princess, FOCUS. You're not even trying to hurt me, are You? Imagine something that makes you furious, and try again." The goading voice advised, a flash of orange passing by the window so fast it looked like a light reflecting off the window.

"Grrrrr..... REGULUS IMPACT!!!" A blinding golden light lit up the apartment as the glass in the window blew out. Passers by walking below shook their heads. It was probably just that blonde wizard from fairy tail beating up one of those pervy guys again.

"Wow. You must really hate whatever you're imagining." The ginger haired man grinned, as he absorbed the deadly blow with practiced ease. Any other spirit would have been sent back to the spirit world by now, but being hit with what was technically his own magic didn't hurt as much as it should. His own magic was only half as effective on him compared to something not of his element, such as a Sky Dragon roar.

"Heh, heh, heh.... Natsu walked in on me washing in the shower. Naked." Lucy stressed the word washing, grinning at her favourite Celestial Spirit. Loke took a step back and returned her grin. She walked up to him and pulled the Lion Spirit into a crushing, Erza-worthy hug. If only old 'stache face would allow them to be more than just friends. But that was just wishful thinking. It could never happen, after all, relationships between Celestial Spirits and Mortals never ended well, and it was illegal.

Loke sensed the sorrow in his mistress as she hugged him, pushing him away after several moments. He doesn't question her, but the silent pain in her eyes was enough. It told him everything he needed to know. She puts her hand on his key, sharing a silent, tender telepathic message with him, before he closed his own gate, plus appearing in his stead. She was grateful to the Celestial Lion for giving her the space she needed. Even if he was probably flirting somewhere.