Natsu's POV:

I waited until first mast..... I mean Mavis left before I tried to control the demon power inside me again. Everyone at the guild thought I was an idiot, but really I just like playing the fool. Being a grown up is boring. Maybe I should ask Mira about her takeover magic? I felt the dark energy of END rising up, but instead of fighting back, I let it boil to the surface. Feeling the power rising, I allowed my willpower to slide for the briefest moment, feeling the darkness for just a second, before struggling to force the energy back down into the darkest part of my mind.

It was getting easier to fight back now. This was the first time I'd allowed that demon to take that much control, but he hadn't fought for control this time. I was still scared though. I had two more weeks to fully control END's curses, else I could end up hurting my family in Fairy Tail.

"Natsu?" Lucy's clear voice rang out. I smiled faintly. Mavis and Luce both though I was fighting against END as the tried to take over, but it was almost the other way around. I wanted full control of him and his curses because in two weeks time, at the same time as end of the magic games, I'd lose my magic for an entire month. Again.

"Hey Luce, hey Mavis. Zeref. Where's Happy?" I greeted as I opened the door. Lucy smiled warmly and pulled me into a soft hug as Mavis and Zeref looked on. I hug my best friend back and return her smile. Despite everything, Lucy was still my best friend and I trusted her.

"Natsu?" Lucy pauses and pushes me back. "How are you? Any luck?" She asks softly, as Mavis and Zeref disappear to find Happy. I shake my head. I knew she was referring to my memory of END, and of before Igneel, because we both hoped that somehow if I could remember, I might remember how to reverse Mavis and Zeref's curse.

"Luce..... I should tell you the truth. No, please Luce, don't interrupt." She gasped as I asked nicely, something I don't often do. "I'm a dragon slayer, and, just like dragons, I have a... a mating season. Slayers, like dragons, are split into two groups, dominants, and submissives. Their mate is always for life and always the opposite type to the slayer. I'm pretty sure you know which type of slayer I am. And in a few weeks time, I lose my magic for a while." I pause, looking at Luce's reaction. Was she disgusted in me?

"I wanna control END's curses so I can protect myself if I have to when my magic cuts off. That's what my fits are, I'm trying to control END and his powers, not the other way round. I'm sor......."

"No, don't say it, sorry doesn't sound right coming from you. And anyway, if you're a submissive, who's the lucky guy?" I turned away from her and blushed. She grinned. "It doesn't matter Natsu, you'll still be my friend, whoever you chose as your mate." I have a sneaky feeling that she already knows. But I'd hidden my feelings this long, so what was a few more weeks? She sat beside me, a friendly arm around my shoulder as we talked about the guild and who would be a good match (I know, it's kinda a girly thing to talk about.) until Happy showed up, alone. He saw us sat together and said, in his irritatingly teasing voice;

"Oooooh, you luuuuv her...." one of these days I'll strangle that cat.

"Shut it cat, he doesn't love me!" Lucy yells at him, giving him a glare that would put Erza's death face to shame.

"That's right happy, I don't love her I love G....." I covered my mouth with my hands as I realised i had almost admitted it, I couldn't say it, how could I love someone like him?