DAVIS

Unedited
1 WEEK LATER
Alison's POV
-ALRIGHT GET THOSE PAPERS IN BY MIDNIGHT THIS FRIDAY my professor says as he dismisses class.
I pack my things into my bag before standing up from my seat.
-ALISON CAN I SPEAK WITH YOU? Professor Daniels questions.
-YEAH SURE I say walking over to his desk. WHAT'S UP? I ask.
-I HEARD THAT YOU'RE TUTORING EMILY FIELDS he says.
-YEAH I WAS I inform him.
I haven't heard from Emily ever since that fight she and I had at that bar.
I assumed she was pissed and didn't need my help anymore because I never see her anymore.
-WELL DO ME A FAVOR AND CONTINUE WOULD YOU? he questions. EMILY HAS A BAD REPUTATION BUT I'D HATE TO SEE HER FAIL MY COURSE.
-UH YEAH SURE I hesitate. SEE YA AROUND PROFESSOR I say while walking up the stairs.
Why does everyone keep saying she has a bad reputation?
-AND ALISON he calls once I'm at the door. RUB SOME OF YOUR SWEETNESS OFF ON HER he laughs.
I laugh as well before exiting his class.
While walking down the hall I see Emily walking in my direction.
A slight smile comes to my face knowing that she's finally about to apologize for being an ass.
Just as I open my mouth to say something she looks me dead in the eyes and walks straight past me.
How Rude.
I stand in place for a while before heading out to the parking lot.
My car is finally out of the shop so no more rides from Emily.
-HEY ALI a familiar masculine country voice says as I open my car door.
I take a quick turn seeing my ex Davis standing in front of me.
-DAVIS? I ask. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?
-HOW YA BEEN? Davis asks while flashing his perfect smile.
-IM FINE I state. NOW WHY ARE YOU HERE? I rudely question him.
-I WAS DOIN' SOME SPRING CLEANING AND I FOUND THIS HERE PICTURE he says showing me a picture of me, my older brother Jason and my older sister CeCe.

-ITS AUTUMN I quip. AND YOU CAME ALL THE WAY TO CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS TO RETURN A PICTURE? I ask while stitching my eyebrows together.
-WELL I WAS LOOKING AT THE PICTURE AND I GOT TO THINKIN' MAYBE WE...
-ALISONNN! I hear Hanna sing cutting  Davis off. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU AL...EW WHY IS DAVIS HERE? she questions now that she's standing in front of me.
-HANNA Davis says in a monotone.
-JACKASS Hanna shoots back with a disgusted look on her face. ANYWAY LIKE I WAS SAYING, WHY IS JACKASS HERE? she repeats making me laugh.
-I DON'T KNOW BUT IM GUESSING IM ABOUT TO FIND OUT I tell her.
-CAN I TAKE YOU OUT TO DINNER? Davis requests. IT WOULD BE NICE he adds.
-IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU WENT BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM Hanna mumbles.
-I'LL SEE YOU BACK AT HOME HAN I say to her.
-OKAY she says walking off to her car. IM TAKING YOU TO GET YOUR RABIES SHOT WHEN YOU COME BACK FROM ROLLING IN DIRT she adds referring to Davis.
I laugh once more before getting in the car with him.
...
-HERE'S THE THING Davis quips. I'VE BEEN THINKING he says as we sit at the table of a fancy restaurant.
-THAT CANT BE GOOD I murmur.
-MAYBE WE CAN GIVE THIS ANOTHER SHOT he suggests.
-NO I say without hesitation.
-C'MON WHERE'S THAT SWEET ALISON I KNOW he jokes.
-DEAD, BACK AT THE HOSPITAL WHERE YOU LEFT HER I snap at him.
Ever since I was a little girl I've promised myself to never let anyone get under my skin but he's the only one that's succeeded at that task.
-LOOK ALISON IM SORRY ABOUT THAT ALRIGHT Davis apologizes. I WAS STUPID AND I'VE GROWN SINCE THEN he claims. I REALIZED THAT YOUR LOVE IS THE ONLY KIND OF LOVE I WANT. THE KIND THAT YOU FIGHT FOR he adds with that annoying crooked smile that he does.