COPING

*I changed Emily's birthday in this story=July 26th*
1 WEEK LATER
Alison's POV
It's been exactly a whole week and Emily still isn't acting like herself.
I knew she wouldn't take things lightly but I didn't think she would take it this hard.
Walking back in the apartment from my doctors appointment I see Emily lying on the bed facing the wall.
-EM, BABE WAKE UP I whisper leaning over top of her.
-IM ALREADY UP Emily mumbles.
-OKAY I quip. WELL HAVE YOU EATEN ANYTHING? I ask.
-IM NOT HUNGRY she responds.
-THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED I say back.
-ALI, IM NOT HUNGRY! Emily yells at me taking me aback.
-FINE I glumly say before walking out of the room.
-WAIT, ALI IM SORRY Emily quickly says rushing up behind me and grabbing me by my waist.
-EM, YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT LOST THE BABY I roll my eyes.
-I KNOW AND IM SORRY FOR YELLING, ITS NOT YOUR FAULT she says back pulling me into her arms and kissing me.
I still haven't told her about me almost terminating my pregnancy.
I told her what my parents did but I still can't muster up the courage to tell her that I was gonna kill our baby.
I guess I'm just scared of her reaction.
While kissing me Emily starts to get a little handsy.
-LETS GO BACK IN THE ROOM Emily whispers in my ear as she unhooks my bra and pulls it out from underneath my shirt.
As she kneads and caresses my left breast gently running her thumb across my now erect nipple I realize what we're doing.
-BABE STOP I say breaking the kiss and stopping her as her hands find their way into my pants.
-WHAT'S WRONG? Emily breathlessly questions.
-NOTHING I answer. IM JUST NOT REALLY READY FOR THAT AGAIN YET I truthfully add.
It's not that I don't want her, because I do.
It's just being pregnant and then having my own parents drug me and parrish away my baby's life without my permission kinda made me depressed.
So I'm not really in the mood for sex again just yet.
-SORRY she quips pecking my cheek and pulling away.
Emily's grieving, I know that.
I guess sex is just her way of coping with things because she's tried to jump my bones at least six times since I stopped bleeding from the abortion.
-WHERE ARE YOU GOING? I ask her once I see her putting her shoes on.
-OUT FOR A DRINK my girlfriend answers before kissing me and leaving out.
She's also had a few bottles of hard liquor all to herself.
It's getting to the point where I'm so worried that I might have to empty everything in the apartment because I don't know if it's liquor or not.
But again, I guess that's just her way of coping.
All I know is that I love her and I won't let her blame herself or put her life in harms way because of something that's my fault.
Emily's POV
-DOUBLE SCOTCH I say to the bartender at the local bar on campus.
-CAN I SEE SOME ID? the guy questions.
He knows that I'm always in this bar and usually he doesn't serve me alcohol because I'm under the drinking age but today's my birthday so bottles up.
-EMILY someone says from behind me.
Turning around I see Aria, Spencer, Hanna and a childhood friend Toby Cavanaugh.
I actually used to have the biggest crush on Toby back in sixth grade but then I realized that not a lot of boys were into girls with dicks so I started crushing on girls.
-HEY I say before taking my shot to the head. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE? I ask.
-EM ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY Aria states. WHERE'S ALI? WHY ARE YOU CELEBRATING YOUR TWENTY FIRST BIRTHDAY ALONE?
-IM ASSUMING SHE DIDN'T TELL ALISON THAT ITS HER BIRTHDAY Spencer adds in.
-WAIT ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU DIDN'T TELL HER? Hanna questions. SHE'S GONNA FLIP.
-NOT IF YOU DON'T TELL...
-ALREADY DID the blonde quips putting her phone back into her pocket after typing away.
-REALLY? I ask her.
-WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL HER? Toby questions.
-BECAUSE HER DEMONIC PARENTS JUST ABORTED HER BABY WITHOUT CONSENT I answer. SHE ALREADY HAS A LOT ON HER PLATE, SHE DOESN'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT ME RIGHT NOW.
-YEAH WELL WE'RE WORRIED ABOUT YOU AND IM SURE ALISON IS TOO Hanna says.
-HOW MANY DID YOU HAVE SO FAR? Aria asks looking over at the four empty shot glasses on the bar.
-THAT INCLUDES THE ONES BEFORE TOO Spencer adds in.
-I ONLY HAD EIGHT I inform them.
-ONLY? Toby rhetorically questions. WE'RE LEAVING GET YOUR THINGS.
-WAIT WE'RE LEAVING ALREADY? Hanna asks. I WANTED TO DRINK TOO she pouts.
-HANNA, EMILY NEEDS US RIGHT NOW Spencer says to her.
-YEAH AND I NEED A SHOT OF TEQUILA she mumbles back.
-WE CAN STAY FOR A COUPLE MORE I suggest. THEN YOU GUYS CAN TAKE ME HOME.
After them all agreeing we sit around the bar talking and drinking.
-EM, ARE YOU OKAY? Toby asks.
-NO I quip. I DON'T THINK I AM I sadly admit.

-YOU REALLY WANTED THE BABY, DIDN'T YOU? He questions

-YEAH I answer with a cracked voice. EVERYTHING I TOUCH IN LIFE I RUIN IT I say. MY FRIENDS, MY FAMILY, MY RELATIONSHIPS, EVEN MY OWN TWIN BROTHER I cry. THIS WAS MY SECOND CHANCE TO GET THINGS RIGHT Y'KNOW? I WAS GONNA BE A FUCKING GREAT MOM.
-YOU'LL GET ANOTHER CHANCE Hanna says. I JUST KNOW IT she smiles.
-YEAH YOU AND ALISON ARE GONNA BE THE BEST MOMS A KID COULD HAVE Aria adds in.
-YOU CAN EMBARRASS THAT KID LIKE YOU EMBARRASS US Spencer laughs making me chuckle.
-THANKS GUYS I say as they all hug me. TIME TO GET HOME I lastly say before standing up and leaving.

Emily's devastated 😰
Alison still thinks it's her fault 😞
Emily didn't tell Alison about her birthday 🎉
Emison has awesome friends 💞
Enjoy 😊
-D