XVI. Indignation

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~

I'll fight for you, just fight for me too...

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~

Author's POV:

Jimin felt so bad for not being able to protect Minha.

He sat on the soft hospital bench and that made him sleep from exhaustion.

"sir? Excuse me? "
The doctor called out to wake Jimin up

His eyes shot open as soon as he saw the doctor.

"sir I have some good news. The bullet was removed from her spine,yet she is still sleeping due to the anesthesia. But the bad news is she can't walk, for now.  She may be or not be able to walk. So it's a 50:50 chance sir. I hope you understand we really did our best"

"doc,  I do understand. Thank you so much. Oh and can I visit her?"

"yes she's already sent to room 1031 tenth floor"

~~

"Minha? "

She's still sleeping. He can't take his eyes of her. Even in this situation, he is still in love with her.

He walked towards her holding her cold hand. Tears streamed his face.

"Minha, I'm sorry babe... I'm so sorry... "

Those words he emitted can't seem to leave his mouth.

~few hours later

"REPORTING LIVE FROM PJM NEWS! THE SUSPECT FOR THE ATTEMPTED MURDER ON KIM MINHA WAS ARRESTED. HE IS NOW FILED FOR RAPE AND ATTEMPTED HOMICIDE!"

Jimin was shocked with what he heard. Yes, Minha is safe, but his best friend was arrested.

"Kookie, you shouldn't have done that. "

He cried as he hols Minha's hands. He reminisced the times when they were friends and enemies. Tears kept falling down his cheeks. He can't seem to stop them...

A few hours later.

"Jiminie?"

"MINHA! YOU'RE AWAKE! HOW ARE YO-"

"Jimin, I can't feel my legs. Jimin i can't!!! Why JIMIN! PLEASE TELL ME! I CAN'T MOVE THEM!"

"Minha, calm down please... "

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN IN THIS SITUATION TELL ME!!! "

Jimin wrapped his arms around her and she did the same. She was crying her eyes out.

Jimin reached out his hand to press the emergency button.

The doctors went in and explained to Minha everything.

"I can't walk... Anymore... Why Jungkook, why?! "

Her eyes became swollen. She was offered food and medications but she resisted them. All she did was stare to nothingness and curse murmuring to Jungkook.

Jimin got so worried. He called her parents but she grabbed him by his wrist.

"Jagi~ Don't call them please... I don't want them to worry about me"

"Minha, they would probably know about it already,"

"naneun algo issjiman yeojeonhi"
(I know but still)

He nodded and just sat beside her

Jimin's POV:

I know it's not good for jagi. Her eyes are bloodshot red from the incident. She's staring into nothingness until now and it makes me so sad.

I can't believe myself for not protecting her.

Even in that time when she was used, she ran to my back and hugged me to cover me from the shot.

And now, she can't walk.

I hate myself...

I promised to protect her...

But I didn't...

"Jiminie, don't cry... I'm fine already "

Not knowing I was crying. She even wiped my tears. How could she be so perfect to me...

"Jagi, I can't walk now, will you still love me"

Those words hit me so hard. She doubted me for loving her. But I answered.

"Hey, why would you think like that? Of course I'll love you even though you can't walk. I love you"

Finally, a smile showed up on her face. But it wasn't the smile I used to.

"Jagi, just sleep. Get some rest okay. I'll protect you... "

She gave me doubting look. Later on she agreed.

"Promise me that okay"

She drifted off to dream land.

Minha, I'm so sorry for not protecting you.
I promise to do my best for you.