Chapter 1- The Weight of A Name

Cultven. The name of the great witch, Philla Anna Cultven aka the necromancer, Slytherin Queen, and pureblood. Philla had powers like no one imagined in the wizarding world. And to be related to that was a challenge. Baring the last name of someone so influential, knowing every little thing you would do would be judged harshly. It wasn't easy. Trust me I know. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the 'not so great yet' Y/n Cultven, 12 years old and newly accepted to Hogwarts. And Philla was my great great grandmother. And unfortunately. From their my family only got even more impressive.

"Y/n lets go! We need to get our supplies before they are sold out!" Micheal yells. I groan and run down the steps to see him. I was met with the lanky brunette. Micheal was my adopted brother. He was a muggle-born orphan who my parents wanted to save from a life of despair. They adopted him shortly after I was born on a vacation to America, and he was raised along side me. Although he is about 3 years older than me.

"Fine let's go," I his. We walk to the fireplace and I clear my throat. "Diagon Alley." I swish through and land carefully in the Alley. This wasn't my first Rodeo. Floo network was my preferred way of travel. After a couple minutes Micheal lands too.

"Here let's divide and concur," He says, "you get your wand and a pet and I'll get our books."

"Fine," I groan, "but when I get back you better have actually done it."

"I will," He assures.

"Alright," I sigh.

"Great here is some money," He says handing me some gallons. I nod and we went our separate ways. I look around for Ollivanders and after a few minutes see it. I walk inside and see a boy with blonde hair and fair skin. He looks at me and smirks.

"Y/n Cultven?" He says. He seems familiar. I attempt to search my memory for him but nothing.

"Hello," I say politely. He holds out his hand and I shake it.

"I'm Draco Malfoy," He says. Malfoy. That's it. Our parents used to know each other.

"Its a pleasure to meet you Draco," I say to him.

"The pleasure is all mine," He says, "are you attending Hogwarts this year?"

"Yes," I say.

"So am I," He says, "I ought to tell my father about this. He'll be so excited to hear we'll be attending Hogwarts together."

"Well I hope for us to be good friends," I say.

"I'll see you around Y/n," He says. He bows and walks off. I walk towards the counter. 

"Excuse me," I say. Silence. "Hello?" Moments later a man with white untamed hair walks towards me.

"Why hello miss," He says.

"Hello," I reply.

"Are you looking for a wand?" He asks. I nod.

"Yes sir," I say. He walks back and starts grabbing boxes.

"You're Miss Cultven right?" He asks,

"Yes, sir," I say.

"Then maybe a unicorn hair like your mother. Or Phoenix feather like your father," He mumbles to himself. He sits down the boxes in front of me. "Try them." I pull the first one out of the box. "Aspen wood, unicorn hair core, 10 inches." I give it a wave, breaking a vase in front of me.  "Nope," He says taking that one from me. 

"Sorry," I say.

"Its fine," He says, "try this one." He hands it to me. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"Ebony wood, phoenix feather core, 14 1/2 inches, slightly springy," He says. I take it and it feels warm. A light shines and Olivander smiles. "That's the one." I place the money on the counter and excitedly run out. 

"Thank you!" I yell as I leave. Next stop was the owl shop for an owl. I had already decided I want an owl so I can send letters to Ms. Claden, mine and Micheal's nanny, and the rest of our staff. They were pretty much family at this point. I walk in and pick out a beautiful white owl. "Lunar," I say, "that's your name." I pay for it and leave to find Micheal. He was leaning against a window talking to a girl. A butterbeer in hand and our bags around his feet. "Mikey!" I yell running towards him.

"Y/n," He says, "you don't have anything left to get?" He wasn't as much asking as trying to get me away.

"Nope sorry bro," I say, "you can desperately flirt later."

"Y/n!" He says.

"Letssss goooooo," I whine. The girl chuckles.

"Bye Micheal," She says.

"Bye Melody," He says. She walks away with her bags and he looks down at me. "I hope you're happy."

"Oh, I am," I say. He sticks his tongue out and I giggle.

"Did you hear thou N/n?" He asks, "The boy who lived Harry Freakin Potter will be in your year at Hogwarts."

"Neat," I say.

"That's all you have to say?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say, "believe it or not I'm also famous in the wizarding world. You know the purple hair." I point to my messy lavender locks.

"Yeah but his story is cooler," he says.

"Well duh," I say, "it's like something out of a muggle book."

"It really is like a muggle book," he says. I hit his arm and he looks down.

"Now seriously Mikey Lets go home," I whine.

"Why? Don't want to wait and see if You meet the famous boy?" He asks.

"Not really," I say, "doesn't interest me."

"Come on think of what would happen if you got together with him," Micheal tease, "you would have the ultimate life of wizard fame."

"Still doesn't interest me," I say.

"Think off how powerful your children would be," He says.

"Knock it off," I say shoving him, "he's probably going to be a snob about everything since he's famous now."

"I doubt it. He was raised as a muggle," He says.

"So," I say, "doesn't mean that new pampering wouldn't make him kind of a brat."

"Maybe he will be," He says, "maybe you're into that."

"Like you're into easy girls," I say.

"Hey!" He says defensively.

"That's what I thought," I say.

"Melody isn't easy!" he exclaims, "just pursuable."

"That literally means easy," I say.

"Sod off," He says shoving me.

"You sod off you arse," I say pushing back. 

"I'll leave you here," He says.

"No you won't!" I exclaim.

"Really?" he asks and bolts off. I run after him laughing as we bumped into people as we chased each other around. Little did I know at the time a little blonde boy was watching my every move.