Chapter 86- A New Mission Is Set.

Soon Molly, Arthur, and Fleur were marching in. "Molly—Arthur—" Professor McGonagall says jumping up and hurrying to greet them. "I am so sorry—"

"Bill," Mrs. Weasley whispers darting past Professor McGonagall as she caught sight of Bill's mangled face. "Oh, Bill!" Lupin, Tonks, Blaise, and I move to retreat allowing them to take our places. Mrs. Weasley bends over her son and pressed her lips to his bloody forehead.

"You said Greyback attacked him?" Mr. Weasley asks Professor McGonagall distractedly. "But he hadn't transformed? So what does that mean? What will happen to Bill?"

"We don't yet know," Professor McGonagall says looking helplessly at Lupin.

"There will probably be some contamination, Arthur," Lupin says, "It is an odd case, possibly unique... We don't know what his behavior might be like when he awakens..." Mrs. Weasley takes the nasty-smelling ointment from Madam Pomfrey and begins dabbing at Bill's wounds.

"And Dumbledore..." Mr. Weasley says . "Minerva, is it true... Is he really...?"

As Professor McGonagall nods we all sadly shift. Blaise tightens his hold on my hand reminding me he was holding onto it.

"Dumbledore gone," whispers Mr. Weasley, but Mrs. Weasley had eyes only for her eldest son; she began to sob, tears falling onto Bill's mutilated face.

"Of course, it doesn't matter how he looks... It's not r-really important... but he was a very handsome little b-boy... always very handsome... and he was g-going to be married!"

"And what do you mean by zat?" Fleur asks suddenly and loudly. "What do you mean, ''e was going to be married?'"

Mrs. Weasley raises her tear-stained face, looking startled. "Well—only that—"

"You theenk Bill will not wish to marry me anymore?" demands Fleur. "You theenk, because of these bites, he will not love me?"

"Can we not do this now?" I ask them looking up.

"No, that's not what I—"

"Because 'e will!" Fleur says drawing herself up to her full height and throwing back her long mane of silver hair. "It would take more zan a werewolf to stop Bill loving me!"

"Well, yes, I'm sure," Mrs. Weasley says, "but I thought perhaps—given how—how he—"

"You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per'aps, you hoped?" Fleur says, her nostrils flaring. "What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave! And I shall do zat!" she adds fiercely, pushing Mrs. Weasley aside and snatching the ointment from her. Mrs. Weasley falls back against her husband and watches Fleur mopping up Bill's wounds with a most curious expression upon her face.

"Our Great-Auntie Muriel," Mrs. Weasley says after a long pause, "has a very beautiful tiara—goblin-made—which I am sure I could persuade her to lend you for the wedding. She is very fond of Bill, you know, and it would look lovely with your hair."

Thank you," said Fleur stiffly. "I am sure zat will be lovely."

"You see!" Tonks says in a strained voice. She is glaring daggers at Lupin. "She still wants to marry him, even though he's been bitten! She doesn't care!"

"It's different," Lupin says barely moving his lips and looking suddenly tense. "Bill will not be a full werewolf. The cases are completely—"

"But I don't care either, I don't care!" Tonks says, seizing the front of Lupin's robes and shaking them. "I've told you a million times..."