Chapter 10- Journey For The Stone

"I'd heard Hogwarts' final exams were frightful, but I found that enjoyable," Hermione says as we walk through the courtyard.

"They were actually pretty easy," I say.

 "Speak for yourself," Ron says.

"Well maybe if you studied with us," I suggest. Hermione looks at Harry with worry in her eyes. 

"All right there, Harry?" Ron asks. Harry had his hand over his scar.

"-My scar. It keeps burning," He says.

"- It's happened before?" Hermione asks.

"- Not like this," Harry says.

"- Perhaps You should see the nurse," Ron says.

"Yeah," I say.

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming," Harry says.

"And you're not worried because?" I ask.

"-Of course!" He yells looking at Hagrid's hut.

"- What is it?" Hermione asks.

"Isn't it odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon....and a stranger just happens to have one?" Harry asks, "How many people wander around with dragon eggs? Why didn't I see it before?" We run up to Hagrid who was outside playing a song. "Who gave you the egg? What did he look like?"

"I never saw his face. He kept his hood up," Hagrid says.

"You and this stranger though must have talked," Harry says.

"He wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I said, 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.'" Hagrid says.

"- Was he interested in Fluffy?" Harry asks.

"-Of course he was interested. How often do you come across a three-headed dog?" Hargid says,  "But I told him, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him' Take Fluffy, for example. Play him music and he falls straight to sleep. I shouldn't have told you that." We look at each other and we turn to leave. "Where are you going? Wher-" He yells after us. We sprint off to Professor McGonagall's classroom.

"We have to see Dumbledore," Harry says.

"Immediately!" I add.

"I'm afraid he's not here," she says, "He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left."

"He's gone? Now! But this is important!" Harry says, "This is about the Sorcerer's Stone!"

"How do you know...?" She asks.

"-Someone's going to try and steal!" Harry exclaims.

"I don't know how you know, but I assure you it is well protected," She says, "Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." We turn to leave and get outside.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met. It was Snape," Harry says, "Which means he knows how to get past Fluffy."

"- And with Dumbledore gone..." I mumble.

"- Good afternoon," Professor Snape says to us.

"Good Afternoon Professor," I say quickly.

"What would three young Gryffindors and one from my own house...be doing inside on a day like this?" He asks.

"We were just..." Hermione says not able to come up with anything.

"- You ought to be careful. People will think you're...up to something," He says.