Chapter 75- The Slug Club

"Where have you three been?!" Molly asks loudly. "We have to go-"

"I'll apparate back after closing," I say to Molly.

"Alright dear," Molly says, "Ron take her bags." I hand them over to him as he protests slightly. But shuts up as she glares at him. As they all leave I look to Fred.

"They were avoiding my eyes weren't they?" I ask him.

"I didn't want to say anything," Fred says, "but it seems like they're hiding something."

"Merlin are they really hiding things with a war going on?" I scoff.

"It must be big enough that it's a safety thing," George says joining us. I sigh as I look to the daydream charms.

"I'm taking some of these back to Hogwarts with me," I say as I grab a couple. "Take it out of my pay."

"You don't pay here either," George says, "you're our business partner. Just advertise."

"Of course," I nod, "But must you hand me freebies? I mean I feel bad."

"We'll be fine," George says, "and I'm going to guess things at Hogwarts are going to hit you hard this year."

"Me too."

****

The next couple days Harry kept looking to me anxiously. Until finally he stopped me as I was trying to send off a letter to Draco.

"Can we talk?" Harry asks.

"Sure," I say. He walks in and sits down on my bed.

"So have you and Draco been writing to each other all summer?" Harry asks.

"Well I've been writing but he hasn't much contact," I admit to Harry, "he said when we saw him at Diagonal Alley that his moms having a hard time."

"Has he mentioned what he's been doing?" Harry asks.

"No," I say to him, "why do you ask?"

"He seemed different when we saw him," Harry says cautiously, "I couldn't tell why. I thought he would of talked to you about it." I think back to Draco's urgency in not being able to tell me. "Do you think something is wrong with him?"

"Why are you asking?" I ask.

"I'm just worried," Harry says quickly. I scan along his features to find a hint of an alternative motive.

"I'll talk to him when we get to Hogwarts," I tell Harry, "but I'm sure he's fine. Now if you'll excuse me I have a couple letters to send." I leave him and his suspicion just seemed to increase. What could possibly be going through that boys head?

That last day at work was a little hard. As excited as I was to be returning to Hogwarts I would really miss the twins. Both of these boys being my go to people when I just wanted to laugh or to have fun.

"Merlin I'm going to miss you losers," I say as I wrap my arms around them.

"Same here," George admits, "right Fred?"

"Right George," Fred says, "our favourite of Ron's friends for sure."

"One of our best friends even," George says. I smile at them.

"Awe that's so sweet," I say to them as I hug them each. Fred holding on slightly longer than his brother. As I back up from them I look around seriously. "Please be careful. Okay?"

"We will," they say in unison, "and you too."

"I will," I say to them. I wave before I apparate home. Once at the burrow I see that everyone was preparing to leave. People hobbling with their trunks as I use my hand to pull my down. Just to piss off the others. The journey was much smoother than any of the previous years.