Chapter 13 - You Ever Travel By Floo?

"Right. Here we are, Harry. You go first, dear," Molly says. We were gathered by the fireplace. My wallet clutched in my hand. 

"But Harry's never traveled by Floo powder before, Mum," Ron says. 

"Floo powder?" Harry asks in utter confusion.

"You go first, Ron, so that Harry can see how it's done. Yes. In you go. That's it," Molly says. Ron steps up grabs a handful of powder and steps into the fireplace. He tosses his powder down and yells.

"Diagon Alley," He yells. He disappears with the green flames.

"You see? It's quite easy, dear," Molly says, "Don't be afraid. Come on. Come on. In you go. That's it. Mind your head." Harry steps inside, "That's right. Now, take your Floo powder. That's it, very good. Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly."

"Diagonally," Harry says and disappears with the green flames.

 "-What did he say, dear?" Molly asks.

 "Diagonally," Mr. Weasley says.

 "I thought he did," She says, "here Y/n you go next." I step up and inside the fireplace and grab a fist full of powder. 

"Diagon Alley!" The green flames transport me to the good old Diagon Alley. I see Ron with his sot covered face and punch his shoulder playfully.

"Where is Harry?" He asks.

"Diagonally," I say, "he misspoke."

"Yikes," He says. Soon the rest of the Weasley's had joined us and we went inside the book shop. I collected my books and Micheal's. Who had sent me his letter. And grabbed a spot in line for check out. Which went quickly since everyone else was here to see Lockhart. 

"Thank goodness. We'd hoped you'd only gone one grate too far," Molly says as I join them and see Harry. He was covered in dust and sot.

"Guess its good we can easily spot you," Hermione says to me. She had grown a bit. Everyone had. We all slightly had grown into our features. 

"Guess so," I say.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart."

"Here he is," Molly says excitedly.

"Mum fancies him," Ron says. She smacks his arm and I roll my eyes. 

"My father told me stories about him," I say, "said he was a tool."

"He is not!" Ginny says.

"Excuse me, little girl," A guy with a large camera says, "This is for the Daily Prophet." He snaps a picture of Lockhart.

"It can't be. Harry Potter?" Lockhart says looking at Harry.

"Harry Potter!" The reporter says. He pushes Harry by Lockhart and holds up his camera. "Nice big smile, Harry." Harry gives a weak smile. Not really wanting to be up there.

"Together, you and I rate the front page," Lockhart says, "Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning...to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me...which, incidentally, is currently celebrating... its 27th week atop the Daily Prophet bestseller list...he had no idea that he would, in fact, be leaving...with my entire collected works...free of charge. Now, ladies?"

"Harry, now you give me those," Molly says as he walks back to us. He hands them over, "And I'll get them signed. All of you wait outside. That's it." As we walk out a spot the blond haired boy I was waiting to see. He had kept his promise of writing all the time. And we grew pretty close because of that. Like super close.