Chapter 139 - The Day of Teddy

"Okay Teddy what are we not going to do?" I ask the boy. He rocks on his feet for a second then stops meeting my eyes. "Teddy?"

"I won't pick up anything breakable," He tells me, "I promise." 

"Then thats everything in order," I say taking his little hand, "well come on lets get you some sweets." As we walk into the candy shop he eagerly moves to the displays. I chuckle following behind him. "You can pick 5 things out. So choose wisely." He automatically moves to pick his candy while I watch him move along the displays.

"Hey Malfoy!" I hear a voice call. I look up to see Neville giving me a big smile.

"Hey Neville!" I say moving to pull him in a hug. As we pull away from each other he looks to Teddy who's trying to grab a chocolate Frog. "Everything okay with you?"

"Yeah I've got a new job and Luna and I moved into together," He tells me.

"Oh something happening there?" I ask him smirking lightly.

"No," He says honestly, "sure we liked each other in the past but we tried to date and it didn't really work. She's still one of my closest friends."

"I get that," I tell him, "It doesn't always work like we imagined in our school days." I move slipping my hands into my pockets.

"What about you everything going well?" He asks.

"Yeah Blaise is living with Draco and I so we went from one baby to two which is strange," I tell him, "but its nice."

"You've got Teddy today?" 

"I had him the last couple days so we're just killing time before Harry comes and picks him up," I say, "so I'm loading him up on candy and such." Neville laughs at the comment. Teddy moves to hand me a couple products to hold for him. He moves off to get more as I look back to Neville.

"It's strange to see you with a kid- like I know you have Teddy and Mikey but it's still so strange ya know," He tells me, "seems like we're too young for it."

"Yeah?" I ask him, "I get it. Throws me off sometimes ya know. Like I remember the fact that we barely just finished school. So now like the whole married and kids thing is weird."

"Yeah," He says chuckling lightly, "like now I'm working as a TA to Sprout."

"Thats wild," I say to him, "we are getting so old."

"Yeah is that a gray hair I see?"

"Funny funny - oh man Neville your wrinkles are pretty wild today."

He and I both chuckle lightly. 

"Listen I just came to pick up chocolates for a date but I'll see you around," He tells me.

"Yeah I'll see ya Neville," I say waving. As he walks off Teddy runs to me with the rest of his candy. "Alright cutie lets go." I move scooping Teddy up into my arms. He giggles as we move to the counter. After checking out we move over to the Joke Shop were George was in a deep conversation with Angie. Lee moves towards me. 

"Well if it isn't baby Lupin," Lee says smiling, "please tell me that you aren't taking him home with all that sugar."

"Nah it's Harry's night," I tell him, "Harry sent Teddy over with a new toy that shoots out fireworks and it woke the babies up so I'm loading Teddy up with sugar. We had ice cream for breakfast."

"You really are a slytherin." I role my eyes lightly. 

"What's up with them?" I ask him. He sighs.

"Oh just the typical pregancy drama," Lee says with a smirk, "Molly found out."

"Oh poor things," I tell him, "she driving them crazy?"