Chapter 137 - Mikey's first Christmas

Christmas is always interesting. But it's completely different now that I have a kid of my own. Bright and early Narcissa woke up the house declaring now is the time for us to have Mikey open his presents. That we need to get used to being woke up at the crack of dawn on Christmas.

  "Up up up!" Narcissa yells from the door, "you'll ruin your child's first Christmas!" She runs off and I look over to my husband. Deep bags under my eyes. We had stayed up late finishing getting together his presents. All because Narcissa kept saying he didn't have enough.

"He's 6 months old he won't even notice," Draco groans, "ten more minutes."

"Up!" She yells from down the hall. I growl as I pull myself from the bed. Shuffling over to pull my robe over my pajamas. Draco still laying in the warm bed groans loudly.

"He won't even realise let me sleep," he whines.

"You know she won't leave it alone," I tell him, "be smart about this." He sighs finally standing from the mass of blankets. He too yanks his robe on then we both move down stairs to the living room. Once there we see Mikey already positioned in his little chair with boxes surrounding him. "This is too much."

"We are rich let's just enjoy spoiling him," Draco says as he wraps his arm around my waist. "Mum you want to help him or can we."

"Y/n get over here and help him. Draco sit beside them I want pictures," Narcissa orders. I comply moving over and pulling Mikey into my lap. Draco sits beside me pulling me into a pose as his parents snap pictures of us. Going on and on about how adorable we are. "My boy all grown up! And his family. Look at you three."

"Honey," Lucius says softly, "can we let the baby start at the presents so we can go back to bed."

"Fine fine," she says, "well hand him one of the Santa presents." Draco pulls one of the neatly wrapped presents towards him and moves mikey's hand to grip the paper. Mikey pulls revealing a box. Draco lifts open the box to show the baby the stuffed niffer. He babbles excitedly. We can't expect much more. He pulls it from his father towards himself. I smile.

"You like that Mikey?" I ask knowing I won't get much of a response. Draco pulls another box and helps Mikey pull of the baby. Another stuffed creature is revealed. This time it's a firecrab. We move through the boxes rather quickly as the baby smiles and babbles cheerfully. He sits in my lap with his new bear as Draco opens my gift to him.

"Oh love this is great," he says to me with a bright smile. He looks over the signed Weird Sisters récord excitedly. "Oh this is going to be played on repeat."

"I figured as much," I say to him. He moves to the next one and pulls it open to reveal the Muggle studies book he's wanted. He smiles then leans over pecking my cheek. "Keep opening them!"

"I will!" He says chuckling slightly. He moves through the next couple. Each earning bright smiles. At his last one he looks to me with a big smile. "You are so good to me."

"I know," I say chuckling lightly. I pull the box he's shoved towards me open. I see a framed jersey of mine with a collection of tickets and articles about me. "'Ireland's star'?" I read out, "this is so cool. Thanks love!"

"Keep opening them!"

I'm not disappointed. I never am with him. My favourite gift is the picture he commissioned of me, him, and Mikey. It's abordable and i quickly fix it on the wall. Next his parents open their gifts. They are just as excited. After an hour of opening gifts we all move to the kitchen where Finn and his friends Roise and Merlin had fixed a large Christmas breakfast. I smile at them as I place down their Christmas bonuses. They smile as they join us at the table for the meal. As we eat the conversation around the table starts up cheerfully. I look over them all and smile brightly. I'm thankful for them. For all of my family and friends. I'm thankful that it worked out with Draco. It feels so unreal. I get to spend everyday with my childhood love. We have a family. It's unreal.