Chapter 62- Slytherin Versus Gryffindor

The next couple meeting followed the same outline. Harry and I would teach a spell, demonstrate it, and then walk around and advise the others. It was a good system that had in a matter of weeks had tremendous effect on the skills of the members. And while Harry and I were teaching. Hermione came up with a way to keep all of us in touch. A fake galleon. One was given to each member. 

"You see the numerals around the edge of the coins?" Hermione says, holding one up at the end of the fourth meeting. "On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry or Y/n sets the date of the next meeting they'll change the numbers on their coins, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic theirs." No one said anything. "Well—I thought it was a good idea, I mean, even if Umbridge asked us to turn out our pockets, there's nothing fishy about carrying a Galleon, is there? But... well, if you don't want to use them..."

"No Hermione its a great idea," I tell her as I flip my coin. It landing in my palm before I pocket it.

"You can do a Protean Charm?" Terry Boot asks.

"Yes," Hermione says.

"But that's... that's N.E.W.T. standard, that is," he says weakly.

"Oh," Hermione says trying to look modest. "Oh... well... yes, I suppose it is..."

"How come you're not in Ravenclaw?" he demands, staring at Hermione with something close to wonder. "With brains like yours?"

"Well, the Sorting Hat did seriously consider putting me in Ravenclaw during my Sorting," Hermione says brightly, "but it decided on Gryffindor in the end. So does that mean we're using the Galleons?"

"Same except mine chose Slytherin," I say.

"You know what these remind me of?" Harry says.

"No, what's that?" Hermione asks.

"The Death Eaters' scars. Voldemort touches one of them, and all their scars burn, and they know they've got to join him," Harry says. I look down at the comment. What slytherin children do you think were roped into the death eaters because of their parents. Or a threat to their lives or loved ones.

"Well... yes," Hermione says, "That is where I got the idea... but you'll notice I decided to engrave the date on bits of metal rather than on our members' skin..."

"Yeah... I prefer your way," Harry says, "I suppose the only danger with these is that we might accidentally spend them."

"Fat chance," Ron says who was examining his own fake Galleon with a slightly mournful air. "I haven't got any real Galleons to confuse it with."

"I have a question," I say to Harry and Hermione, "or well perhaps more of a crituqe and suggestion."

"Okay," Hermione says.

"Why am I the only slytherin here?" I ask them slightly harshly. Getting extremely tired of prejudices against my house.

"Because what slytherin would want to help us-"

"I'm here. Listen I understand that you guys don't much care for my house. But I have kids who want to fight back there with me. Kids who want to fight against their parents ignorance," I say, "and I can't sit here and not give the ones I know the opportunity to help us. Simply because you guys have something against Slytherins." 

"How many?" Hermione asks, "how many do you think would help?"

"I have 6 I can think of that would help and be able to keep quiet," I tell them, "a couple in our year. Some older, some younger."