Chapter 140 - Lazy Days With Blaise

"Harry called you his wife?" Draco asks me. 

"Yeah it was a good cover story," I reply as I stir my tea, "I mean it got the waiter off our back. He gave her some bull high school sweethearts story."

"I just don't see why though?" He asks me. 

"Well normally we tell people he's our godson but that always sparks 'oh you're together?'" I tell him, "besides Teddy always makes himself look like Harry and I while we have him."

"You could be siblings," Draco offers.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy are you jealous?" I ask him.

"What? Jealous of Potter? Never," He says defensively. I chuckle lightly. "I'm not jealous of Potter okay I'm actually married to you and he could only dream."

"Exactly love," I say as I move taking his hand, "it's me and you to the end. Besides we all put up facades when we go into the muggle world. I mean it's like a whole thing." 

"I know," He says softly. 

"We should talk," I tell him.

"What about?" He asks me carefully.

"Mikey," I tell him, "I know we aren't exactly there yet but I want to know now."

"What do you want to know?" He asks me.

"How are we gonna talk to him about the war," I say softly. Draco tenses. "He'll hear about it- he'll hear about my part and he'll want to know about your part. So how do you want to address that?"

"I- haven't really thought about it," He says softly.

"We don't have to make this decision now," I tell him, "we just have to have this in our discussions."

He tightens his grip on my hand.

"We need to be honest with him," Draco says quietly, "he deserves to know the truth. We'll help him understand." 

"Alright," I tell him, "then we'll tell him in a way to help him understand."

He moves pecking my hand. 

"It's gonna be something we have to talk about with any kids we have," He says tensely, "we have to tell them their dad was a villain-"

"You were never a villain you were a child who was manipulated," I say firmly, "people who you loved were being threatened. Plenty of people would of done the same thing you did."

"You wouldn't," He says avoiding my eyes.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy stop bringing yourself down," I say at once, "you are the love of my life. Stop going back to this." He sighs. "Mikey will understand. I know he will." 

The moment ends as a owl rushes into the kitchen. 

I pull away from Draco to grab the letter. 

"To Mr. Draco Malfoy," I say as examine the letter. I tear it open as he stares into his tea, "'To Mr. Malfoy, The department is having a emergency meeting to discuss the threat of a rising group of wizard terrorist. We are asking you to report promptly to the department'" Draco looks back to me and sighs. 

"Always something," He groans.

"I'll keep everything here together," I tell him, "keep me updated." He nods pulling me into a kiss before he apparates away. Then I'm alone. Blaise is at work and I'm just here with the two babies.

 I make my way up stairs to the study. I move to my desk to work on reviewing the assignments from the people in my department. Beside me the baby monitor reveals the two babies are still sleeping. Meaning I can get through this stack of papers.