Chapter 138 - The Zabini Baby

Millicent and Blaise separate three days after the baby was born. She left the baby with Blaise and left under the cover of night. The words Blaise was left with were all but nice.

"You never had enough room for another person in your life and I never wanted to be trapped with you for the rest of mine."

It wasn't a sweet goodbye by any means.

Blaise rightfully was devastated. If the words didn't hurt enough she left him with the baby. Alone. 

January 6th Zabini was born.

"He's beautiful," I say as I rock the baby, "so small. Full of so much light."

"He looks like you," Draco says as he meets Blaise's eyes. "gonna be hard to explain that one when he gets older."

"Blaise we can still take him," I say softly, "if you are still set on not raising him. Draco and I always have an open home."

"I don't even know anymore," Blaise groans, "all I wanted was something stable. And then this happens."

"Relationships aren't for everyone," I say softly, "not everyone needs that in their lives. Maybe being a dad is what you need?"

"Are you saying fate did this?" He asks slightly annoyed.

"I'm saying that maybe you can make the best of the situation," I correct, "I mean maybe you'll be an excellent dad. And if you aren't you always have us here to help."

"I know," He says softly, "Merlin sake you both are just so perfect."

"Not even in the slightest," Draco says with a chuckle, "I mean don't forget the entire death eater thing."

"Or the fact I threaten to kill him," I add.

"Or that she got my dad arrested."

"Yeah but after all that here you are," Blaise groans, "just so happy. It's ridiculous."

"Blaise not everyone has the relationship we have," Draco says softly, "I mean no one really does. It's different."

"It's built on years of needing someone to help pick up the pieces and put us back together," I tell him, "and the only way to achieve that is to go through what we did."

"And?" He asks at once.

"Stop trying to find a relationship like ours," I tell him firmly, "you won't find it."

His eyes widen slightly. Then he shifts his eyes to the baby in my arms.

"He just deserves so much better than me," Blaise whimpers, "He doesn't need to be alone with me. Like Millicent said I don't have the space in my life for another person-"

"Millicent's a bitch," I tell him, "you didn't have the space for her. To give her your every second. She needs an ass kisser. You are not an ass kisser."

"You'll have space for him," Draco says smiling at his friend, "you'll be a great dad. I know you will. And our kids will be great friends. Just like us." He smirks lightly.

"Can we stay with you guys for a bit?" Blaise asks me, "I don't know the half of this parent stuff."

"Yeah of course," I say smiling at him, "we always have the space." He nods.

So Blaise and Baby Barrón temporarily moved into Cultven-Malfoy manor. The first couple weeks went smoothly. Helping Blaise adjust to having a baby while the rest of us lived our day to day. It seemed like Blaise was finally getting it. Until he left.

"I'll never be the parent you guys are. He deserves the best. He deserves you"

"Blaise," Draco sighs beside me as I rock the baby. Mikey cooing from my arms.

"What are we going to do?" I ask my husband.

"I'm going to find Blaise," He says to me, "he's making a mistake. Can you watch these two?"

"Yeah of course," I tell him. He pecks my cheek before rushing off to find the man. I sigh as I pull Barrón into my other arm. I look between the two babies. "I think we need a pre nap time story." I settle into the rocking chair with them as I mumble a spell to call one of the books towards me. It hovers so I can read while holding the babies. They are quick to dose off. Once I fix them into their cribs I feel eyes on me.

"Zabini Draco's looking for you," I say at once, "so stop hiding in plain sight." I move punching the invisible man in the stomach. He hits the ground as the spell wears off. "You are such a dumbass." I yank him up by the colar and pull him outside the nursery. He looks to me tensely. "Blaise Zabini you are so dumb sometimes you know that?"

"I'm sorry I just i can't be the dad type," he says softly, "it's just not me."

"Why isn't it you?" I ask him at once.

"I'm not like you and Draco I don't know how to care for someone like you guys do," He starts .

"You care about Draco and I," I snap back, "you've given so much time to helping us. Doing everything you can to make sure we're okay. Listen he's your son and your all he has. If you can handle it fine but I need a absolute."

He looks down. I can tell he didn't actually wanna walk out. He's just scared. I sigh as I place a hand on his shoulder.

"Blaise you and I are good friends so I like to think we can be honest with each other," I say softly, "after Mikey was born I was absolutely terrified. I mean I still am because I'm the one that has to raise him and help him in his life. I am in charge of this tiny person when I still forget to eat some days. But you know what helps. Having you guys around and knowing I love that little guy with all my heart." He gives me a soft look. "I know this is a lot but you aren't alone okay."

"Thanks," He says smiling at me.

"Oh hey you found him," Draco says as he moves towards us, "good. Hey Blaise buddy we need to talk-"

"I'm staying. With the baby," Blaise says at once, "I got the sense knocked back into me." Draco looks between Blaise and then simply smiles at us. 

"Perfect- I knew you'd work it out," Draco says, "now I'm thinking we get curry for dinner and that place we all like by Diagon Ally is open so how about we all go out to eat?"

"Sounds perfect," I say smiling at them, "How about we drop the babies off with Narcissa?"

"Nah lets take them," Blaise says, "Barron should see the outside world." I chuckle lightly.

"Absoluelty," I say smirking, "well come on guys lets get ready." As they move off I can tell he's getting more comfortable with the situation. It won't magically be fixed, even with us being magical we can't do that. But I know us being here for him helps a lot. Barron and Blaise both will do just fine.

-----------------------

Sorry this update took so long but hey it was released when we all needed it

Anyways be safe and wash your hands! If you need anything my dms are open or you can add me on any social media platform and you can message me there!