Chapter 77- Slughorn's First Lesson

As I walk quickly to the Gryffindor common room I pass Hermione walking out. "Wait Hermione can you let me in before you go to class?" I ask. She nods and walk up to the fat lady and repeats their password. As the door opens I slip in joining Harry and Ron. "Hello boys," I say cheerfully. My books in hand.

"I can't believe Snape's already gave us this much," Ron groans as I sit down beside him.

"Believe it," Harry sighs. I take Harry's quill and work out the first three problems.

"No fair!" Ron says. I lean over and do the same for him.

"We can work on it together," I say to them, "if you want?"

"Of course," Ron says accepting the help knowing that he wouldn't have to do some of it.

"Please?" Harry asks. I sit my books out and we start on the problems.

"Luckily I have a double free period due to arthimacy being written out of my schedule in third year," I say.

"Yeah because you can hang out with us in that free time," Harry says. I nod.

"It's the second option Harry," I correct then turn to Ron who was asking about the course. As I work with him a notice Harry fiddling with something in his hand. "What is that?" He shows me the familiar silver ring.

"Where did you get a ring?" Ron asks.

"Where did you get Draco's ring?" I ask him now examining the ring.

"It's Draco's ring?" Harry asks.

"Yeah," I say, "I gave it to him for Christmas. He said he lost it on the way to walking to the castle. Where did you find it?"

"The train," Harry says. I place it in my pocket.

"Really?" I ask he nods. I look at Ron's paper to change the topic. "That's wrong too. It's actually the other way. See Snape tries to trick you with that single spelling difference."

"You know," Ron says, "you're pretty good at teaching, have you ever considered that?" I chuckle.

"I have," I admit to them, "I could always take over Hagrid's position, maybe even Slughorns."

"Speaking of Slughorn," Harry asks, "were you getting interrogated for going to that lunch?"

"Kinda, but I let Blaise take most of the heat," I say, "he's been my buffer between the rest of the Slytherins and me. After the whole thing at the Ministry, most of them don't like me."

"Really?" Ron asks, "you think it would make them like you more."

"Getting their parents arrested wouldn't make anyone like me more," I say slightly annoyed at Ron's ignorance.

"What about Malfoy?" Harry asks.

"See," I chuckle, "he's the odd one out who that it was cool that we did that. Everyone else thinks I'm a traitor to Slytherin. Even more so since some of these kids are so brainwashed. On the other side, most of the non-deatheater parent kids are proud a Slytherin helped since we are all seen as the ass kissers of Voldemort."

"So what about Blaise?" Ron asks I look around to make sure we were far enough away so no one could hear us, "how come he's a buffer?"

"Blaise and I have an understanding of both of us wanting to do the right thing. So we help the other, but a lot of people don't know he's helping me, while a lot know I'm helping you. He's my inside spy," I tell them, "he can tell me what goes on when I leave, seeing as obviously they wouldn't talk about Voldemort with me around."