Chapter 17

Kylie's P.O.V

I turn away from Jonahs warm hug to find my fathers brown eyes looking into mine, great. Me and my father have never been the closest, even before my mothers death, we would always fight.

He's been trying to get along with me lately, it doesn't make sense to me, he's always hated me being famous. He says he only bought me my first guitar because he believed I would get over my 'faze'.

I never did, if anything, him getting me a guitar made me more in love with the idea of singing. When I first got famous, he couldn't bring himself to talk to me for months.

Then he moved me to LA recently and bought me this house, I think he only came here to bribe me out of music. I turn back towards Jonah to find it pale in comparison to its usual color.

I can help but laugh, both him and my father look at me with wide eyes causing me to stop "sorry, father, this is Jonah, my friend, and Jonah, this is my father, Mathew" I say politely.

Jonah smiles at my father and holds his hand out towards him, my father takes it "well, nice to see my daughter has made some friends that aren't Musically famous" he says.

Jonah turns pale again and my mouth forms a straight line, I can tell I turn pale too "um dad, I don't think you understand, Jonah is in a band, I told you my friends were in a band" I say.

My father instantly lets go of Jonahs hand and turn to me, his face filled with rage "I told you, I don't trust boys like him, they think just because they're famous, they can play around" he says turning to Jonah.

Jonah holds his hands up defensively, I step in front of him and cross my arms at my dad "he's only ever had one other girlfriend, and plus he has one right now, he's not like that dad" I says annoyed.

"And what of his little band members? Kylie, we talked about this after your mother died, I hate seeing guys like them walk over you"

"Dad! Taliah is dating one of his band members, my best friend Corbyn, whose in his band... has been dating a girl for over a year now! Another one of his band members is into someone only one of them has no girl, which is kinda sad when I think about it"

Jonah can't help but laugh at what I said and my father seems to calm down a bit "also Jacks a year younger than her, I'm the only one older and like she said, I have a girlfriend" Jonah says kindly.

Before we can both say something else, my father walks past me and into his car, we watch as he drives off. I roll my eyes, he'll be angry for a little bit until he comes to his senses.

I let Jonah in and we get to talking, he doesn't say a word about Ruby which makes me glad. I call Corbyn over because I wanted to do a live and they love mine and Corbyns personalities together.

He comes over but because I didn't tell him me and Jonah were hanging out again, he walked in shocked. Before I could say anything he grabbed my arm and pulled me into my room upstairs.

When we walk in, he closes the door behind us and turns to me, I raise an eyebrow "when the hell did this happen? Are you trying to start some shit?" He says, I'm surprised, he rarely swears.

I cross my arms, why does everyone think us hanging out is a bad thing? It's perfectly fine "we're not trying to start 'shit' Corbs, we were always just friends" I say defensively.

Corbyn crosses his arms too "right, because 'just friends' kiss and 'just friends' become jealous of each other when they start different relationships with other people" he says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes, but I can't help but smile, even when he's annoyed, he makes me laugh "Corbyn, I love you, but your reading way too into things, we're just friends" I say laughing as we walk out.

For the rest of the day we hang out and laugh, we end up playing some Xbox and taking photos.

Liked by KylieVaughn, CorbynBesson and 253,965 others

JonahMarais It's so great having this girl back in my arms, she's been such a great friend to me and I honestly felt like crap when she wasn't around, I hope to keep her in my arms for a while 😋

View all 2,495 comments
KylieVaughn It's so great having you back in my life... even if the first time you meet my dad was really awkward 😂😂
RubyBenery Congrats! You have her, now you don't need me 😒😒

----------------------------------
Ruby is SALTY tho! Maybe she DOES feel threatened by Jonah and Kylie's friendship... what will she do to stop it?

Dare: I dare you to tell someone who has had a hard time in their life, that their beautiful, complement them!

Truth: who other than Why Don't We do you love? Like famous wise 😉