Chapter 40

Jonah's P.O.V

As we step into the hospital, i rush to the desk. The lady in her mid fifties seems startled by my sudden appearance, but greets me kindly.

"Is there anything I can help you with sir?" she asks, as I place my forehead on the counter.

"I'm looking for Kylie Vaughn, she was in an accident" I say, the woman nods instantly and starts typing on her computer as I feel Corbyn and Daniels presence behind me.

"She's still in emergency, so you will have to wait until she's out... and even then, the doctors wont be able to tell you whats fully happened" she says, we nod and walk over to the chairs.

What if she doesnt survive? What if she dies before I tell her that I want to have a child-no-a future with her? I dont think I will be able to live if something does happen. Before I know it, tears start spilling out of my eyes, I turn to Daniel whose asleep beside me and lay my head on his shoulder, crying myself to sleep... I hope when I wake up, she's still alive and well.

-2 hours later-

I'm awoken by someone shaking me. I slowly open my eyes to find Daniel and behind him is a tall man dressed in a white coat and a tag hanging from his pocket just above his chest. I instantly sit up and the Daniel looks towards the doctor. I notice Corbyn standing behind the doctor and sigh... so they were up while I slept... how stupid of me.

"Mr. Marais... you're allowed to go see her now, we still havent fully gotten a grasp of what's happened, but once we do, we will update you" he says, before walking away, down the hall.

I instantly stand up as Daniel pulls my arm, taking me to her room. When I see her face, I stop breathing, her eye is black, blood seems to be coming out of her nose and I feel like something is off. I rush to her side, new tears falling down my face. Corbyn and Daniel seem to know something is off too, why would she be bleeding? Just in that moment, her heart moniter completely stops, causing me to stop. In just a few seconds, the doctor is back and nurses surround her, some pull me away and a woman, maybe a few years older than me, tries to calm me.

Daniel rushes to my side and comforts me, while Corbyn watches in horror as they try to keep her alive. We're pushed out of the room and the door quickly closes. We're left waiting for ten more minutes, until they all walk out, their faces down. The doctor pulls us away and is quiet for a good minute until he finally speaks up... the thing I dreaded most... has happened.

"I'm sorry... she did not survive, is there any way to contact her father or mother? Anyone in relation to her?" he asks, Daniel shakes his head in response.

"Her father is in London and her mother passed... she only has-had-us" he says, as I burst into tears and drop to the floor.

"May we see her?" Corbyn asks quietly, probably afraid if he does talk, he'll cry too.

"Yes, you are allowed to say your goodbyes, but please make it quick" he says, stepping aside as Daniel grabs my arm once again and gloomily pulls me towards the room.

When we enter, I walk straight to her, hoping its not true. Yet there she is, seemilngly in a peacful bliss, I wonder if she is still in this room, able to see me. Sighing I reach out my hand to touch her face, only finding what used to be warm and full of life, cold and dead. I let the tears fall as I cry again, I love her too much to let her go this easily.

"Please, dont leave me, I want to spend my future with you, I need to see you every time I wake up... I want to have kids with you, no matter what people say" I say, sobbing into the blankets next to her.

Suddenly something moves, I look up to find Kylie smiling at me. I stare in shock as Daniel and Corbyn stand behind her and smile at me.

"Wake up! Jonah! Time to wake up!" they say loudly and strangely in sync.