MISSING THAT SMILE OF YOURS, MRS. KHANNA

It was around 4pm in the evening, Avni has just entered their room after putting Mishti to sleep in the room prepared for her by Avni herself. From the moment they landed in Mumbai with the rest of the family, Avni has been very upset due to the fact that their families and friends are very annoyed with both her and Neil for the stunt they pulled. Her only saving grace is Mishti and the fact that she has kept herself very busy and involved with Mishti taking care of her and all her needs, which hardly gave her a breather. Mishti has been refusing to go to anyone except Avni, not that the families are trying extra hard to go close to the kid, except Juhi which is acceptable as she is the mother of the kid.

The moment Juhi was told that the kid was hers and she was the reason why they lied to everyone, Juhi profusely thanked both Avni and Neil, saying that she would never forget this and other favors that they have been doing on her and she promises to help them talk to the families, so that the family understand and also forgive them as soon as possible. Not that Avni believed Juhi, it's not like the household members like her, they are only tolerating her for Neil and Avni's sake especially mummyji, but she was happy that at least one person is not annoyed at her in the household and she has someone apart from Neil to share her grieve and talk with.

The fact that she has disappointed and Neela maa, mummji and Bebe so much is breaking her heart. She can never forgive herself for hurting almost all the most important people in her life. Even DD and Ali that have always supported her, even when Neil is against it are very annoyed it her. She can clearly remember the look on their face when Neil was explaining about why they lied when they saw her with Mishti in the morning. The expression on their faces clearly said "I thought I have proved to you that you can trust me". It was very heartbreaking. And the worst is papaji, he is so hurt and annoyed with their lies that he is not even saying anything to them, he just kept quiet with an expressionless face saying nothing of what he is feeling.

Mummyji has always been one of the most vocal people Avni has met in her live and she proved it right by expressing exactly how she felt about all the 'stupid drama' that they have staged all due to Juhi's kid. She knows that a small innocent kid was in danger and she understands, but that did not give them the lease to lie and betray their families, making them worry about her whereabouts and condition. For also making hem believe that she was heartbroken and also Neil for making them go through all these when he clearly knew the answer to all their queries but he stood silently and saw them suffer without telling them the truth. Avni has never been so ashamed and felt as guilty in her life as she was when mummyji was saying all these thing to her.

When she was in their room alone with Neil in the morning, after they have been dismissed by their family members and she was telling Neil that they should have told their families everything from the beginning and now because of it their family and friends think that they don't trust them that was why they lied, Neil told her to relax and not worry, the family will come around soon and forgive them. She should trust him and he would take care of everything, he will make everything as it was before. She asked him

Avni - what are you going to do Neil?

He just smile and hugged her to his chest, placing her right hand on his heart making her feel his heartbeats and said

Neil – just trust me baby. You do trust me right?

Avni – I trust you with my life Neil, but...

Neil smiled again before lifting her head off his chest kissing her on the forehead before saying

Neil – toh baas, no buts. Just trust me wifey and I promise everything will be normal again

Avni while looking at Neil in the eyes said

Avni – I trust you Neil

Neil smile before hugging her again

Neil – I love you Avni

Avni – I love you too

That was the last time she spoke with Neil today. After that conversation, she made herself busy with the household chores and Mishti. For some moments she felt Neil's eyes watching her every moment. She knew that he was trying to see if she was still worried and she tried her best to act and appear normal. She doesn't know if she looked convincing or not, but she hoped with all her heart that she did because it has always been very hard for her to hide her feelings from Neil. He can read her like an open book and when she is sad, there is no way that Neil could be happy. She has always been amazed by the amount of love she gets from that oh wonderful husband of hers and now she can't seem to find him all around the house. When she didn't see him downstairs, she thought that he was in the room so came to the room to spend some time with him. Just spending some moments with Neil will surely make her happy even if it is for some moments.

As she didn't see him in the room and the bathroom was also empty. She thought to call him on the phone, but then decided against it thinking that he must have gone to the police station for some important work and she won't want to disturb him when he is working. She knows for a fact that he must be having loads of work waiting for him, because he obviously has not been going to work due to the Goa trip. That was when she saw an envelope with her name written on it. It was placed under her phone, on top of the bed side drawers and there is also a single yellow rose attached to the envelope.

Her first reaction was surprise, she wasn't expecting anything from anyone. She was confused as she can't seem to fathom who will send her a letter, but then decided that it must have been Neil. He is the only one that would keep a letter for her in their bedroom. She picked up it up to check if there was a name on the envelop, but found nothing, only her name was written on it, so she decided to open It to see what it was really all about. The envelope was small, not as big as normal envelopes, maybe half the normal size and a very light shade of pink with some hearts at the edge of it. She first detached the yellow rose from the envelope, bringing it to her nose before going ahead to unseal the envelope bringing out a small chit like card. On the card was a very short and cute message. It said

"Yellow roses represent the warm feeling you get when you think of someone. I'm giving you this yellow rose is simply to tell you that you bring joy to me and I value the friendship we share.

I know you are sad, but I miss that beautiful smile of yours that never fails to make my heart beat faster. So to bring a smile to your face, we are going to play a simple game Mrs. Khanna.

Follow the clues I give you, there is a gift for you. The first one is easy, it's in your wardrobe."

****

Hello guys here is the next update. Hope you like it. Please vote and comment on how you felt about the update thank you. Initially, I named this chapter THAT SMILE OF YOURS, then changed it to 'TO BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE',  before finally settling for the current name. please do tell me which name you felt suits best.

p.s- am I the only one pissed after seeing those dawn Juhi and Neil wedding promo pics? Not happy at all and not having a good feeling about it. Naamkaran forum on India forums is on fire because of it. Instagram and twitter also. I just hope they are not planning on pulling one stupid stunt because seriously, I will totally bid the show goodbye for good. I have had enough heart ache to last me a very long time because of naamkaran and their stupid twists.