Blank and Pieced

Doctor – I am sorry, but we couldn't save the baby. Mrs. Khanna has miscarried her baby.

I am sorry......

Mrs. Khanna......

Baby......

I am sorry.......

Mrs. Khanna has miscarried......

Sorry.......

Her baby.........

I am sorry.......

Mrs. Khanna.......

Avni.........

Baby........

Couldn't save........

Miscarriage......

I am sorry........

I am sorry.......

I am sorry......

Sorry........

Sorry.....

These are the words that are just running through Neil Khanna's head as he stood still in the middle of the corridor of the hospital staring to the space the doctor has been standing on just some moments ago.

The next thing that happened, no body anticipated.

Neil's body went rigid and he went to fall.

The moment his body was about to hit the floor and not so gently at that, his father, Prakash Khanna caught him in his arms.

..............

Doctor – I am sorry, but we couldn't save the baby. Mrs. Khanna has miscarried her baby. She has lost the baby. We are just going to shift her from the OT to a room and then you can meet her but not more than one person at a time.

The Khanna family, Neela, Bebe, Ali, DD and everyone who was standing there went into a shock.

They were all surprised.

Bebe –wait, Avni is pregnant?

Doctor – she was pregnant. You didn't know?

The doctor asked them and seeing the shocked look on their faces gave him the answer to his question.

Doctor – I am sorry.

He said before leaving the place.

The moment he left, all of them that have been shocked still suddenly became aware of themselves.

The only person who was still not reacting to anything is Neil, he has been standing still like that before all of them.

But nobody really noticed because all of them are also in grief.

Only Vidyut and DD are still in their sense.

Even though DD is also much shaken up because everyone knows how much DD loves his Bhabhi.

Vidyut on the other hand isn't really as close to them, he recently became friends with them and he has come to care about them, but it can't be compared to their bond with the others.

Neela and Shweta are holding each other crying.

Bebe and Nanno are also crying

Ali is having tears spill from his eyes while he turned his back to the group

And Prakash is biting his lips while squeezing his eyes closed.

Everyone had a different why they were reacting to the news