Intimacy - I

Neil can vouch with his life that there is no other man or person on earth that is as happy as he is right now, he is feeling incredible and blessed and so many other words. The emotion he is feeling at that moment can't be described with all the dictionary words there is, he is just feeling surreal and out of the world and the reason why he is feeling this emotion is the angel currently sleeping in his arms. She looked so innocent and peaceful there and with every breath that he takes, he falls more and more in love with her. He never thought that a day that started out so shitty was going to end so beautifully.

Neil started his day today feeling very agitated and annoyed and grumpy and many other words that describe you having a foul mood. The main reason for his foul mood was because of the argument he had with his wife Avni yesterday and also because he wasn't able to see Avni first thing in the morning as he was now used to.

It was not like he had avoided coming home yesterday because he was annoyed with Avni, no, it wasn't like that. After he stormed out of the house yesterday, he met a lot of work both field work and paper works waiting for him in the office to be completed because the commissioner wanted reports in 24hrs, so I, DD and the rest of my team stayed up all night in the office pulling an all-nighter to finish the task and we managed to finish everything by 6am so I had time to go to my condo to change before the meeting which was at 8.

Neil knew that he was supposed to call Avni and tell her about the work or at least his parents, but he was annoyed at her so he decide that she could think whatever she wanted.

The meeting with the commissioner went smoothly but immediately after the meeting, they had to go to an accident scene where they spent all day there too. The day was long and tiring. he asked DD to take him home but he took him to the condo, so decide to at least freshen up here and carry some files he could go through at home but all he wanted at that time was to see Avni, eat and sleep exactly in that order.

The first thing he saw when he entered the condo was a big sorry written with red roses on the table there. The room has been decorated with some roses and candle giving it a soft glow and a pleasant smell. When Neil drew closer in the room, he noticed that there was a note on the table with the roses. He picked the note after he was done assessing the room and read it. It said;

"I am sorry

I know I was wrong

You have always been the more matured and level headed one between the two of us

I know I can't do anything to change what I did

But I promise to always try and listen to what you have to say.

I am sorry for thinking that I was always right

Sorry for not considering your insight.

As your wife I have a right to demand something from you

So I have the right to demand forgiveness from you for this time

I am sorry baby.

I love you."

Neil was so touched with what he read, he just wants to see Avni so that he could hug her tight and tell her that he was not really angry at her, he was just angry about the situation and also scared that something might happen to her. As he turned around to start looking for her because he was sure she was there, he saw her standing there behind him, looking at him with a very cute puppy dog expression, her hand on her ears.

Avni - sorry.

---

short, i know. i was busy and the chapter is not finished but i had to give you something because i promised an update yesterday, this is only half of the update and i promise to be back within 24hrs with the other half, if i am happy with the response.