The Quite Storm

Quite. That is the only word that can be used to describe the Khanna mansion hall at that moment. It was as quite as a grave and also very tense. Everyone is standing without moment with different expression on their faces ranging from confused to hurt to anger, the only person that didn't look a little bit shocked is Shweta, Neil's mother, in fact she is kind of sporting a very smug look on her face, it was as if she is saying 'I told you so' with her face, the only thing stopping her from saying it out loud was Bebe, she doesn't want Bebe to start berating her in front of all for saying the truth she has been saying for the last few weeks. The situation right now is that the paternity results for Neil and Mishti's DNA samples that Neil collected and had done without anyone knowing just arrived from the lab.

The family were so happy, everything was back on track and everything was moving smoothly, they were finally together happily with each other like before, and finally after days Neil Khanna is happy, he is feeling ecstatic, and why wouldn't be he happy? His wifey, Avni is happy, she has been glowing with happiness and content is clearly shown on her face. Just looking at the way Avni's eyes glow with smiles and happiness and the cheerfulness she has been displaying is enough to make Neil happy. When Avni is happy, Neil is also happy, it is as simple as that and when Avni is displaying so much cheerfulness, then it is rather obvious to expect Neil to be feeling ecstatic, he is feeling like he is flying over the moon, he has finally succeeded in bringing back the missing smile on Avni's face. Things have been going on so smoothly in the last few days. After talking with Neela maa and explaining everything o her, Neil went to each family member, sat down with them and explained everything to them, he apologized and beg for their forgiveness, he wouldn't leave them until they have agreed to have forgiven them both, he especially made sure that they have forgiven Avni even if they don't forgive him and now, today he has finally succeeded in gifting Avni with this too. Avni was so happy earlier that morning when she came down for breakfast and was met with smiling faces of the other family members rather than the disappointed faces she seemed to be meeting these last few days. It was such a relive when she saw then smiling at her and replying to her 'good morning' rather than the silence she was starting to get accustomed with.

She was especially happy with the fact that that her papaji was smiling at her, she couldn't believe it. His anger and disappointment with her act was the most hurtful to Avni, it affected her more than the others anger, because that was the first time she was facing his anger. He has been her rock in the Khanna household, he had her back, and he was the first person to have accepted her and welcomed her into the Khanna house and family with open arms, faults and all and seeing disappointment in his eyes rather than the love and affections for her that she always see was rather a heartbreaking experience for her and she hopes and wishes with all her heart and she promised herself that she never does anything in future again to make her see that same disappointed and hurtful look in his eyes.

Avni actually cried when she saw him smiling at her that morning, she hugged him tight while crying telling him that she missed him, she is sorry and she promises to try and never hurt his feelings again and Prakash Khanna, her papaji just held her close to his heart and told her to stop crying, everything is in the past and they should just forget it and more on with their lives. After coming out from the hug, she hugged Bebe and Shweta, her mummyji also while saying sorry for all the troubles that she had caused, and they both replied telling her to just forget it and never to repeat it again, because they will never forgive both her and Neil the next time they pulled a stunt like that again.

After all the years have been shed, all the apologies have been said and all the forgiveness have been given, they all sat down to have breakfast together after so many days. It was during the breakfast that Bebe suggested that they have a mini get together picnic in their garden to celebrate their togetherness and that also it will be nice for Mishti because from the day she stepped into the house, there has been tension there and thus because of that, she deserves to have a fun filled environment at least before Vidyut comes and start creating trouble, which they all know that he will come and create.