$ F O U R $

A Night To Remember
~
December 31st, 2018
New York, New York
3 hours and 56 minutes till New Years

Vera's P.O.V.

8:04pm.

Tonight was the party, the one that I had a somewhat bad feeling about. The whole reason why I'm queasy is of this damn party.

Now everyone practically knew I was back in town after my disappearance. People wondered for years including the poor fans that I had. They came up with many conspiracy theories that entertained me this whole time I was gone.

There was one where I was supposedly abducted by aliens, and my parents were behind it. That rumor eventually became popular and had me laughing for weeks.

People always seemed to amaze me.

Anyway, every party my parents threw aren't any ordinary business parties. No, no, my friend. You are wrong if you think that.

So many high listed celebrities and businessmen and women attend my parents' parties. Once, the president dropped by for a visit when I was just a little girl.

This party is a big deal for me because this will be my first official public appearance ever since I left. Everyone was expecting me to come out into the light one day, and that day is today.

My mother called me yesterday informing me that my friends and I will have at least two guards per person. Everything seemed so surreal and overwhelming. I didn't think it would be a big deal that I came out from hiding, but I was wrong. Not one, but two bodyguards for each of us.

My hands became sweaty and shaky as I thought of millions of scenarios of where things could possibly go wrong. I couldn't talk or breathe, and Lilly seemed to notice it.

"Vera? Chill, babe. You're shaking." Lilly says that had my eyes immediately avert to hers. I nodded as I go to grab an opened liquor bottle from Norah before taking a sip and leaning back on the limousine's leather seats.

Norah scoffs. "She literally just said chill. Calm your tits and think, Vera. Don't drink now." She adds before snatching the bottle from my possession.

I nodded frantically. "Okay, I feel better now. I feel ready for the party." I try to assure myself.

The girls clapped. "Good. We don't need you to ruin your expensive dress and your makeup, and anything else. We're here by your side." Norah cheers me up with a small grin.

"Yeah, I got this," I say with a grin before taking a tequila bottle and taking a sip.

~
December 31st, 2018
Southampton, New York
2 hours and 47 minutes till New Years

Vera's P.O.V.

9:13 pm.

       Flashes from the cameras blinded me since I forgot to cover my eyes. I felt people shoving into me, but the bodyguards surrounding my friends and I had pushed them back.

Hearing people scream your name and crying had you feeling some type of way. It was strange to me. I was never used to it before, and I'm definitely not used to it now.