$ T W E N T Y • N I N E $

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SENSITIVE TOPICS. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

• • •

Nefarious Blood
~
April 16th, 2019
Southampton, New York
Fourteenth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

4:14 pm.

"What do you mean by his parents?" I glared at the folder. "We have to negotiate or something," I blurt.

"They've already filed a case. We're being sued for abduction which is absurd." My father began. "I'm afraid this will be remarkably severe. It'll be in a matter of time before this leaks out." My heart stops once those words left my father's lips.

My eyes were trained on a picture of Xavier's family. Wayne and Dalya Monroe were the names that belonged to his parents. They seemed like a greatly traditional family concluding by their solemn appearance in their family photo. Xavier seemed he was likely to be in second grade. He stood next to his father who was remained on the chair with his mother standing behind. Xavier wore a blank look, an emotion that doesn't accommodate a young boy at all.

"Hi." Xavier voiced.

I let out a sigh when I turned around to face his smile. When he noticed the tension, it gradually began to evaporate. "Xavier Monroe," I susurrate. His body straightened when he learned what I stated. His breathing visibly diminished as his eyes watered. I returned the folder to my father before nearing Xavier's shaken-up state. "Breathe for me, okay?" I rubbed his shoulder before he nodded, his tears trickling from his eyes.

"We're going to have to talk about this once you've calmed down, okay? You have to let us help you now, please."

He shook his head. "I-I can't. I'm afraid." He stammered. I shook my head and welcomed him into my embrace, his head lying in the crook of my neck.

"There's nothing to be frightened of when we're here. We will support you, but you need to let us in." I whisper as I ran my hand through his hair. I felt my shirt beginning to dampen, but that was the least of my concerns.

From this moment on, I understood that nothing was going to be easy anymore.

And it wasn't going to be easy to get Xavier back, but we were determined to try with all we've got.

~
April 16th, 2019
Southampton, New York
Fourteenth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

4:58 pm.

We all were settled in my father's office. My parents sat across from Xavier and me at the conference table. The documents in the folder regarding the Monroe family were scattered on the glass table.

"Xavier, please let us in," I mumble, my hand rubbing his shoulder softly. His hands were cupping his face, covering his swollen eyes.

He mumbled, but it was inaudible since he was covered.

"What?"

He removed his shaking palms, his red puffy eyes meeting mine. "I-I can't go back."

I gave my father a sympathetic look. "Xavier, it's necessary to understand why you ran away in the first place. We need a solid argument to start off here." My father began.