$ F O R T Y • S I X $

Moving on
~
August 16th, 2019
Southampton, New York
Thirty-Third Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

7:49 pm.

It's been almost over two months since we have gotten the first letter from Xavier. We never received the second one. Anxiously waiting for days, we figured that it was never to come. I was worried something bad had happened, but everyone else assured me it wasn't. I was aware that they wanted me to be stress-free. I had to be. I had no other choice.

I accepted that it was nearly impossible to get Xavier back which did tear a part of me, a part of all of us.

I hadn't heard much from Aleksander or Ezio either. His lawyer contacted mine, requesting that Ezio has no custody issues with my child. Also, he requested for a paternal test. All this tension caused me to fall into depression. Leone and I are having a few communication problems because of this. I will admit it's my fault, but I can't help myself to try and fix my relationship with him.

Evalena and I talk a bit more than I do with the others, but again, not as much. I'm sure she wants to have a friend who is, or in my case, about to be a mother, but I have no desire to try either.

I am reaching thirty-four weeks in my pregnancy in a few days. I have about three-to-five weeks left. This journey seems like it started yesterday and I can't believe I've made it this far. I wonder how life would be if I decided with the abortion. I am eight months pregnant now, and it was unbelievable to say this out loud.

He's been active whenever I feel down, attempting to make his mother happy. At first, the kicks felt strangely weird, but as I got used to it, it became the most amazing feeling in the world.

Dr. Archer confirmed my delivery date is October 8th. I couldn't wait for that day but I felt nervous as well. I've been hoping for a natural delivery rather than a c-section. I was terrified of the idea of surgery and home birth.

"You're going to have to sign these papers soon, Vera," Leone mumbled, his fingers grazing the custody papers. I didn't respond as I scrolled through my phone. I checked the belongings placed on my bed off my checklist on my phone.

"Vera?"

"What? I'm busy making my hospital bag." I replied with no emotion. He sighed, shrugging. "Do you need help with anything?"

I shook my head softly, but a bit too soft to where he didn't notice.

"Where am I going wrong, Vera? I'm trying with you, but you aren't with me." He sighs, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I responded," I retorted. He shakes his head. "Not just this time. This past month you've locked yourself away. I want to stay with you and try, but it's getting difficult." He tried to reason with a sweet voice, but it irritated me further.

"Then just leave," I mutter under my breath. His eyebrows arose. "Is that what you want?"

I shrugged, grabbing the outfits I wanted my son to wear when he leaves the hospital. I wasn't sure between the two choices. One choice was a flannel full-sleeved onesie with a matching beanie, and the other was more comfortable that was short-sleeved and was able to let him move his legs around.

I wanted him to be comfortable, so I decided when my parents throw his coming home party, he will wear the flannel onesie.

I found a luxurious apartment in the city a little while ago. I decided to rent it for a couple of months, planning to move in a little while before the baby is due to see if I enjoy the place. Since he could be coming at any time this month, I've had most of my things unpacked.