$ T H I R T Y • T H R E E $

Ready Or Not?
~
May 6th, 2019
Manhattan, New York
Seventeenth Week Pregnant
1 hour and 2 minutes until the Met Gala

Vera's P.O.V.

6:58 pm.

"Too tight!" The words escaped my lips as my stylist, Judy, tightened my dress a bit much. "I'm sorry, Vera." I sighed as she loosened it after I pursed my lips.

Heavy footsteps emerge into the room. "Eyes closed! I need to set your face." My makeup artist's voice booms into the room. I closed my eyes as I felt his hand push my hair back gently before feeling the setting spray set onto my face.

There were many people in the hotel room. Lilly was in the lounging area meanwhile the boys, Aleksander and Xavier were in the room next to Lilly's and mine. There were stylists along with two makeup and hairstylist teams; one for Lilly and the other is to prepare me.

I wore a strapless high-low royal blue layered ruffle dress that hugged every inch of the top of my torso. At this point, my pregnant stomach was noticeable by others if they glared carefully, and I am absolutely not ready to be public about my situation; not yet.

The fashion designer my mother decided to team up with last minute for me, Nevada Ferro, stood in front of me as she examined the dress she made specifically for pregnancy. Another stylist came around with two pairs of shoes, royal blue fluffy heels, and blue pumps. She designed my dress to hide my small bump and I was grateful.

"Okay, now I understand your situation, so all I'm asking is if you can handle walking down the red carpet with these heels. You can change into the pumps afterward, but the shoes do give off the camp style. I did add some extra pizzazz to give you extra comfort if you don't wish to change." She explains as she points towards the items. "So, are you able to?"

I shrugged. "I can give it a try," I suggested. Nevada nodded before the stylist lifted my feet to place the heels on.

My makeup artist came back around with a liquid lipstick and placed it in my clear small box-shaped clutch. "Just handing you the essentials. Do you want to put your phone in here as well?" Vaughn suggested. I nodded before saying, "Actually, I need to text my mom, but can you grab it from Lilly, please?" He nodded before dashing out the room.

Surprisingly, the knock on the door was audible considering there were many things going on as well as the room cluttered with people.

"Hey, pretty ladies! You guys are lookin' good." Hearing Aleksander's voice boom into the room caused me to smile. "Definitely camp style, Vera." He said as he came into my view. I smiled before examining his outfit.

He wore an ivory-colored suit covered with bedazzling jewels. The idea seemed ridiculous, but Aleksander wore the eye-catching suit rather than it wearing Aleksander.

"Look at you! My eyes may go blind." I exclaimed. He bit his lip and pretended to twirl a piece of hair between his fingers. "Oh my, you are too kind!"

I giggled and shook my head before he joined along with me.

"Where's Xavier? I want to see his outfit." I mentioned. Aleksander's eyes lit up. "You are going to love his outfit. He looks way better than I do"

I heard Xavier chuckle. I tried to turn around, but my hairstylist turned my head towards Aleksander again as she was pinning up my hair. As Xavier slowly stepped into my field of vision, I gasped. "Xavier--"