$ S E V E N $

California
~
January 13th, 2019
New York, New York
Bernacelli Hotel

Vera's P.O.V.

10:21 am.

       "A private jet? Hell yeah!" Lilly raised her voice excitedly as we stepped off the elevator.

I handed the hotel room keys to the front desk before walking back into the lobby where we all were waiting for the limousine to arrive.

I had a plan to ask my mother if we could use one of our private jets to fly back to Los Angeles to get my things. Of course, my mother complied.

"Your mother is awesome, Vee," Lilly said with a huge grin set on her lips.

I gently hummed. I didn't have much energy this morning. I was too exhausted when I woke up and had a major headache. It wasn't too unusual for me to wake up unwell if Lilly woke you up early and began screaming about a private jet back to Los Angeles. I took two painkillers before I left my room because I had a feeling this was just the beginning of Lilly's excitement.

Norah and Luca came out of the elevator a few moments later, hand in hand. Norah was giggling at something Luca had said. I hope one proposes to the other soon. They would make beautiful children. They would either have Norah's beautiful dark brown eyes or Luca's icy blue ones.

"Vera?" Norah calls out. I blink and shake my head slightly. "Sorry. I zoned out." I can't exactly tell them I was thinking about how their kids would look like.

"It's fine. We wanted to say goodbye before we left back to Washington." She said.

I pouted. "I wish we all didn't have to part ways. I'll miss you guys." Mumbling, I picked up my bag from the floor.

She nodded. "I'll miss you too." She leaned in for a hug.

A few moments later as we said our goodbyes to each other. I saw them walk out of the hotel, swarmed with paparazzi. I wonder when I'll see them again. They won't even be here for my birthday. No one will, except for my mother.

One of the ladies at the front desk called my name out. "Ms. Bernacelli? The limousine is ready for you out in the back." She said.

I sighed and nodded as I said thank you. "Lilly, let's go," I told her as I flicked her head to get her attention. She flinched and rolled her eyes before her lips widened into a big grin. "I'm going to be flying in a private jet." She sang to herself as she danced away.

I shook my head with a small grin as I began following her, not looking back.

~
January 13th, 2019
Queens, New York
John F. Kennedy International Airport

Vera's P.O.V.

11:04 am.

As I sat on the plush bed in one of the rooms in the private jet, something began to stir in my stomach. I traveled a lot when I was young, but at times I begin to feel extremely nauseous when it's time to take off or whenever there's terrible turbulence. I like traveling beside those two factors.

Next to my bedroom, I hear Lilly squeal through the walls. Yes, we've traveled a lot before and I have been on a private jet except for Lilly. She flew first class, but she never was on a big private jet. My reaction was the same as hers when it was my first time as a child flying in a humongous plane that was owned by my family.